Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good evening, my wife was driving the Overland and the Immediate service or repair air suspension light message came on and it was very alarming. I talke to the Jeep dealership and he was a nice guy but he was telling me it come downt to replacing the compressor if that isnt it it may be the line, diaphrams, sensors, compressor and it could cost me upwards of 10K to have fixed. Its a late model that I have taken very good car of and dont really want to buy a new vehicle. The parts and the prices he was quoting me were astronomical but when I went online OEM part were not even close to what he was rough quoting me. I mean $4000k for a compressor without labor just to start and when I looked online I was one brand new for $800.00.

So today I went out and the last few days it has not lost air in the front or back and have driven it and it is not unlevel. So I parked the jeep and hit the first lift button and it said waiting for the system to cool down. Im at a loss and dont have a lot of money to put into this vehicle. Where we live is in Indiana and it’s been 17 degress here. Didnt know if that may have a factor. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
Jeep grand Cherokee limited edition 2015
10 Posts
Don't worry, that dealer tried to get only money from you. The air suspension is very simple (if you know what to looking for) and first of all you need to get diagnostic what is broken: receiver, lines, compressor, height sensors or shock absorbers. Can you post your car model or VIN?

·
Registered
Jeep grand Cherokee limited edition 2015
10 Posts
Also, you can install springs if the problem wll be bigger, than it seems

1 - 3 of 3 Posts