Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

RockReady Grand?

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  CTEIV 
#1 ·
Are there any plans for a SkyJacker RockReady kit for the Grand Cherokee? Has anyone tried to mod the XJ or the TJ RR kits for the Grand? What are your thoughts on trying this?

#2 ·
I compared my friends XJ's RR kit ( 6.5" drop down brackets up front) and it seems like it would be a pain in the ass to do. Keep in mind the price of both of those kits and then think about how Claytons kit is already out and RK is about to release one as well.

#3 ·
I live about 10 miles from Skyjacker, and stopped my to ask about the 3" kit they have. I had heard a rumor that they were designing one, but they said it wasn't true and they had no plans to. However, if everyone raised hell over it, I would be more than happy to beta test the thing ;)

#4 ·
Well I don't think it's a matter of "if", it's more like when! If Skjacker wants to keep up with the industry, they will have to do it. With the new kits coming out like Rock krawler, Claytons hard parts kit, It is quite clear where our suspensions are going. I will wait a couple years for the prices to drop.

#5 ·
I work at 4 Wheel Parts in Oakland and just gave Skyjacker a call last week. They told me that they have discussed an 8" Rockready kit a decided not to go that route. How ever there are plans in the future for a 4.5" or 5" kit. It will probably hit the market next year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.