Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got off the phone with Rockcrawler. I was inquiring about their 7" ZJ springs. They WILL NOT be selling them seperately for some time. The told me they want to sell only complete kits until they have a stockpile of springs.

I think that sucks. 7" lift springs would be perfect for my 35's. Especially keeping the 1.5 spacers. :) We'll see.

Chris

G

·
0 Posts
just looked at a picture of the 7" rock krawler zj kit on their website. those springs look like they've been pulled apart (lots of space between each wind of coil) anybody know about their springrate. looks like they would start to sag quickly.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I was checking them out also, they do look like they will sag quickly. the rest of the kit looks really good and tough. I like the fact that all the long arms are solid bar stock. I just need to wear this lift out.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A friend of mine recently saw their kit on the trail. It work terrible. The front suspension tore off the Jeep. I will not be buying any of their product. Also, I heard from the same freind that there springs are stretched for more lift. Looks like the XJ Skyjacker 8" coils may be a better choice.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Chris I'd like to see some pictures of the RK kit being ripped off the rig...please tell me someone has pics OR else no one will believe you of course...

You did see this first hand right? It wasn't one of those I heard from a guy who....knew this girl who....had a rig...

What rig was the lift on? TJ? XJ?

·
Registered
194 Posts
The kit mounts the upper arms to the frame right? So if you look at a long arm kit for a Tj 4" kit the mount for the upper arms is abpout 8" long and has 4 bolts through it, the rockkrawler kit has 1/2 that length with two bolts and is NOT stong enough to hold that 7" of lift to the grand, if you do not rip it off on a trail you will have one hell of a wreck going down the road, I would not run that kit if you handed it to me. If the mount for a Tj that weighs half as much as a grand is that much bigger what does that tell you?

·
Registered
253 Posts
On 2002-02-26 19:58, KidKrawler wrote:
The kit mounts the upper arms to the frame right? So if you look at a long arm kit for a Tj 4" kit the mount for the upper arms is abpout 8" long and has 4 bolts through it, the rockkrawler kit has 1/2 that length with two bolts and is NOT stong enough to hold that 7" of lift to the grand, if you do not rip it off on a trail you will have one hell of a wreck going down the road, I would not run that kit if you handed it to me.

Actually the RK kit uses a tri-link front with a torque arm. This torque arm is essentially an upper control arm which is mounted to the lower control arm. That is why it is so short. Therefore there are no upper control arms mounted to the body.
I think I'll reserve judgement on RK until somebody on one of the forums runs it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
On 2002-02-26 21:12, NBaldwin wrote:
Chris weren't you going to sell the ZJ?

What happened :D
He looked at the ol' check book/credit card statement and decided he'd be a fool to sell such a sweet rig :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Sorry Slo Mo is what I meant is where the lower arm mounts to the frame the kit does not offer very much support. The strain caused by both of those arms mounted onto the frame with that small bracket just scares me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts