Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody know if the 8" XJ lift really uses 8" front coils(which would be about 7"s on a ZJ) or are they just advertising it as 8"s with 6" coils and spacers.

also, i know the TJ coils have a lighter spring rate so they wouldn't give you the same lift on a ZJ but it seems like to me if you were trying to maximize ride height without going to a totally custom coil-over setup,, the 8" TJ coils would be your best bet unless the XJ 8" lift really does have full 8" coils.

anyone have any experience or info on this

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: new school woody on 2002-02-27 13:47 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: New School Woody on 2002-02-27 13:49 ]</font>

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have the TJ/XJ 6" RR coils on my ZJ. I measure 25" from hub to fender lip. Stock is about 18. That's over 6" above stock. I have beat the hell out of them and they are still awesome. They have a really nice tightly wound coils. I just measured a 98' ZJ w/up country susp. and it was 19" from hub to fender lip. The up country is about 1" taller than a stocker.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Colt
with the tightly wound coils, do you find the ride to be stiff?
sounds like that might be the next front coil i go with
nathan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Colt45 thanx for the info

so you're saying the XJ and TJ 6" coils are the same, and they still give 6"s of lift on a ZJ. Good Deal sounds like that might be the way to go after I convert to a long arm setup.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yup the XJ & TJ RR coils are the same, 4Wheelparts said they were the same part #. They are very nice riding springs, the shocks are what's killing me. They flex really nice also. I paid 130 shipped to my door in CO.
-Colt
The 25" height = almost 7" over stock....I love these springs

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Colt45auto on 2002-03-01 07:35 ]</font>

·
Registered
12 Posts
hey how did you scrap out the parts from 4wheelparts?

·
Registered
102 Posts
What do you mean, they have always sold me seperate parts from manufacturers? I live about 20 miles from one of their dist. centers.

·
Registered
12 Posts
sorry... i thoguht u might have done it over the internet.. but hey on rockmountainsusp.com they have a new skyjacker rockready 10" TJ kit, has anyone heard or seen anything about that.. and if so, do u think they will work on a zj?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I strongly doubt it would work, TJ has a smaller frame length. The drop down brackets would not work for our ZJ's. It's only a matter of time before they start making more long arm kits for these.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts