Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear wiper and flipper glass release quit working on my 98 ZJ. I pulled the panel and check for continuity on the door ajar switch and it works, so I am not sure what else to check. I also checked all the fuses and they are good. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have got the same issue. All the fuses check out okay. Used a test light to determine if there is any power back there... non that I can find. I ran a test line from the battery straight to the switch. It works perfect.. Now I need to figure out whats going on in the wiring.

Anyone know what is in between the fuse box and the flipper window switch? How about how it is run? BTW my power window back there does not operate as well.

·
Registered
135 Posts
the rear window button is interconnected to the hatch release handle[at least it is on my 98 5.9].if i lift the hatch handle and gently release it,my flipper glass button doesnt work.if i let it snap back hard,the flipper glass button works.my rear wiper didnt work when i got the 5.9,but a 20$junkyard wiper motor fixed that.

·
Registered
112 Posts
my rear wiper motor only moves when i push the button in (so as to clean the rear windshield w/ fluid) but if i move it over, than nothing. i can assume it's a bad switch but has anyone else had this? also my rear defrost doesn't work which is on the same switch panel.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts