Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By the looks of it, the RE 4.5 lift kit does not come with all eight arms as adjustable.

Should I buy additional 3rd party adjustable arms to complement this kit?

Are there any other parts worth considering as an add-on to this kit besides BB?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Get the adjustable arms, it will save you work in the long run.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Again, by the looks of it, the picture I saw on JU was that only two of the arms were't adjustable. I'll probably be ordering from kolak, so I'll just make sure he sets me up right.

·
Registered
439 Posts
The basic RE 4.5 comes with back, upper and lower control arms that are adjustable. You just need to upgrade the front.

·
Registered
606 Posts
On 2002-03-11 16:37, Tommy wrote:
The basic RE 4.5 comes with back, upper and lower control arms that are adjustable. You just need to upgrade the front.
Yes, RE will do it for minimal extra cost. Ditch the sway-bar discos while you are at it or sell them without installing them and get JKS ones instead (but get them to comp you if you can). You also might want to upgrade the shocks that RE gives you to OME LT's. They will do this for some extra $$ too.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the excellent advice. can't wait till I get it. Still trying to nail down who to buy the rolling stock from, but I should have wheels, tires, and lift in the next month.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have read that RE includes front spacers with their 4.5 kit for v8's. Is this true? Will I really need them with the 5.2L as they are illegal in the State of Maine (so is lifting any ABS vehicle but thats another story). I think I will also be getting an ARB winch bumper to mount my xd9000i so I assume that will make a difference.

89 XJ chevy 350, weind, holley, taylor, mallory, AA, jks, RC 4.5", 10" hellcats, 33x12.50 mtr's, 6" tj flares, cut fenders, xd9000i, 3/8" plate winch bumpers... http://community.webshots.com/user/extremeoffroad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKEETER on 2002-03-23 23:34 ]</font>

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
The 4.5 RE lift for the V8s does not include the spacers. I've had mine for over and year and you're going to love yours.

Hunter

1 - 9 of 9 Posts