Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently installed a RE 3.5 lift on my 96ZJ. I have a clunking sound on the front pasenger side that is getting worse. It is also starting on the front drivers side. This sound didn't exist before the lift. I have greased the heck out of everything. The CA zerks donts seem to let much grease in. I have taken the new CA's off and inspected them to find nothing. I have tightend the shock mounts which didn't help. Another strange thing, it will go away if I apply a small amount of brake. Any suggestions?????

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats what I figured it is so I bought an adjustable one from RE and will install it this week. Does anyone have any other ideas if this doesn't work?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok. New trac bar installed, clunking getting worse. Anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have the same lift and I've also noticed that the grease zerts let nothing in. The only clunking I've noticed I'm pretty sure is the front driveshaft. It seems to clunk even when I'm moving at a constant speed. I don't think the noise has anything to do with the lower control arms.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
looks like it is the lower CA bushings at the axle connection. i am going to take them off and see if I can work any more grease into them.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Found It!!!!! I had some space between my LCA axle mounts and LCA's. I really cranked down on them and the rattle is gone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts