Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I signed up for Inter/Adv for trails at GSW...can someone give me an idea how hard these really are? I have a 1200 mile voyage back home in the ZJ, and I really don't want to do it in front wheel drive or being towed.

Kelly

·
Registered
421 Posts
On 2002-02-11 15:05, deepslate98 wrote:
I signed up for Inter/Adv for trails at GSW...can someone give me an idea how hard these really are? I have a 1200 mile voyage back home in the ZJ, and I really don't want to do it in front wheel drive or being towed.

Kelly
Kelly,
We'll check out your vehicle and help you decide which runs to do. While there are no guarantees, I think this group provides some of the best spotting on any trail that I've ever experienced, and as good or better than what you get on many Jeep Jamborees.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Kelly,

Don't worry. I've been doing these trails since my ZJ was a youngster with no lift. You have 6.5" of lift and 33" tires. Unless you do something stupid (like not listening to a spotter), you'll do fine and you'll be able to drive your ZJ home. The wonderful thing about Moab is that there's so much traction, you can do amazing things without even thinking about it.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
the first trail on your first trip to Moab will blow you away. You'll quickly learn what you can do on slickrock--just be careful not to become over confident.

Sandy made a very excellent point. There is NO better spotter than a guy or gal that is used to the same vehicle. I can tell you the best spotters I have ever had are Kevin, Sandy, Tom, Pat and a few others.

We won't let you get yourself into too much trouble--ask Anton ;)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Kelly,

I have been on 7-8 Jeep Jamborees before going on last years GSW. The spotters at GSW are more experienced, and especially with the Grand's, you're in good hands, and you'll do fine! :)

....Mike F.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts