Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all. I've only had my 97 zj for about 4 to 5 months and ive been blindly acquiring jeep parts piecing things together such as transfer case swap, otk iro steering setup, rims, and other miscellaneous things like a 9er grill and hood vents... here are my questions: I would like to lift my jeep the cheapest way possible, without sacrificing quality. And I know those don't usually go hand in hand but I'm looking for tricks and tips and also things to look for while searching for parts. I'm wondering for a 3.5" lift, could I run 33s with some trimming? Would I need adjustable control arms and track bars for a 3.5"? I've also got some pretty wicked rust on my rockers and wanted to weld in some steel for rock sliders. What is the ballpark price for someone welding them in for me and about how long does it take assuming I also have to weld in unibody stiffeners as well? I have a lpd30 and the 44a with 3.73 gearing but I would like to bump the gearing up to handle larger tires. Also, will my axles be able to handle the stress of larger tires? I know the 44a isn't known for being the strongest but I wont be bashing it on rocks. My main goal for the jeep is to be a "reliable" daily, have a "stance", and be a weekend warrior. I put reliable in quotes because I understand its still a jeep, Just Empty Every Pocket lol Anyways, a parts list and links to some helpful things is appreciated along with the knowledge of an experienced jeeper.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Might want to search and read a bit, all of your questions have existing answers.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea, heres the problem though. I dont know what other upgrades i need along with that lift and i cant put it on and see what im missing cause its how i get to work and school... see my conundrum? A list of what i need would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
That link includes everything you need to get started.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so i can put it on and go? nothing else? no other track bars, no control arms, nothing?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
so i can put it on and go? nothing else? no other track bars, no control arms, nothing?
Maybe you should actually read their description and answer this for yourself, because you obviously don't believe me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts