Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I got my ZJ back from John Currie today. I ordered my nine yesterday and he asked to borrow it to fit a prototype setup of the currie antirock swaybar used on TJ's. Would like to see how many people may be interested in this set up, for a ZJ or an XJ {no more disco-ing}. I have to say I like the ride a lot better. Will be testing it off road in a couple of weeks. Let's hear some feedback!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Chris_L on 2002-03-20 20:37 ]</font>

·
Registered
82 Posts
And I just got my new JKS disco's! I've seen the Currie antirock on TJ's but I'm not sure exactly how it works. I'm assuming the advantage is you never need to disconnect?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The anti-rock is a device that uses the leverage of the axle to keep the tires on the ground. You don't lose much if any flex and it helps force the low wheel down onto the ground.
The great thing is you don't need to disco, or worry about losing your pins, etc. And the jeep rides great on the street.

Driving without a sway bar isn't the smartest thing as it affects the body roll of the jeep considerably.

Check out all the competition rock crawler guys and girls - most of them run the anti rock or some home made rip off and these guys run rocks for a living.

·
Registered
499 Posts
chris email me as to how much it cost, this thing looks it rocks(no pun intended) and would be a lovely addition

·
Registered
385 Posts
i woudnt mind having one of those myself. it looks really cool and effective. let me know how much it will cost. i think i better lift mine first though. going RE 3.5 with 32"
BFG A/T's. can someone tell me the going price on the RE 3.5 super-ride and super-flex lifts. thanks. will be looking forward to getting an answer.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Man I've been admiring the things that currie does ever since I can remember. Alot of Jeeps(wrangler style) in the mags now usually have the antirocks on them now, I'd love to get a pair..

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The antirock, I was told will be about the same cost as the tj version {$299 range}. Currie has the one that was on mine to use for fabbing the brackets. John said I would be getting it back when they are finished. It turns out that they wanted to design one off a more "normal" lifted ZJ {my front end is pushed forward more than normal}, so a friend of mine has another version on his that will work with the front skid in place. Looks like there will be two versions, the exception being different brackets. I like this thing so much I will be fabbing a custom one also for the rear. Pics will come eventually.

·
Registered
357 Posts
This is just for information:
from Currie web site.
The Currie Anti-Rock Sway Bar does not need to be disconnected for off-road use. CAUTION: Jeeps will have more body roll than stock. This Sway Bar may be used on the street however, it will not provide the same performance as the stock setup.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts