Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I’m pretty dead set on running progressives on my zj I’m more than likely going to run a Currie 4.5 tj coil up front which if I understand correctly should net me like 2.5-3 inches of lift (correct me if I’m wrong on lift height) and probably a 1.5 inch lift progressive xj front coil in the rear (and if I’m understanding correctly should actually be like 2-2.5 inches of lift) now I understand I wound be sitting any where near level so I’m just going to have to kinda trial and error the front and adjust it with pucks to level it out. Now if all the info is correct that I’ve read (which isn’t much out there on the ol inter web) with picking the front I should achieve about a 4-4.5 inch lift kit overall. Now my questions are is there anyone on here that has run progressive coils or knows someone that runs progressives that could lend me some info on to how they liked them. And question number two which adjustable control arms do you guys prefer? Going to be running control arm drops in the front (now I know that is frowned upon but on my last xj I ran these and beat the hell out of it and loved them) sorry for the novel just trying to gather as much useful info before I pull the trigger on $1200+ worth of parts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do they ride? Looking for a really good ridding coil that’s why I’m leaning towards progressives

·
Registered
3 Posts
i would like to know more info on this subject my self. im thinking on running a progressive springs with a hidden winch bumper and was wondering if it would sag the progressive out of the spring...im also needing 4-4.5 " of lift...i have Rubicon express and are pretty happy but this is an overlander and will see its fair share of pavement and trails ...it is not a crawler...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts