Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2004 Special Edition 4.7 has most likely suffered a lower end engine failure. I haven't seen the vehicle myself yet to confirm, but the report from the last person to drive it is a loud knocking sound.
I will likely be sending it to the junkyard this week unless someone wants it.
The vehicle is located in Norwich, CT. It moves under its own power right now but I don't know how far it will go.
It has a ton of miles on it, but actual mileage is unknown.
Motor was running great the whole time I owned it, rarely even had CEL's to deal with, good power.
Transmission had no problems whatsoever. I flushed it and changed the filters a couple years ago and it has had zero problems since.
I cant speak to the condition of the T/C as I never had a reason to shift it.
Body is pretty rusty. Probably not a good candidate for restoration unless you just love sheet metal work.
A/S Tires are in good shape, probably another 20k in them I would think. 2 Continentals and two of something cheaper, I don't remember what.
Headlights and taillights are in good shape. Headlights were polished after the below photos, they still look pretty good.
Leather is worn but no acute damage. The front seats are pretty broken down but very comfortable.
I don't have a place to work on it so I wont be parting out, Its going to its next home complete as-is right now. I think there's meat on the bone in a part-out if your interested.

I dont know what the yard will offer me for it, presumably not much so lets say $200 takes it.
Most reliable way to contact me is via text - Eight-Six-Oh 287-1861

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Update: I was able to go see the vehicle myself. Sounds like its lost the timing on one head.
I'm still junking it unless someone wants it very soon.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sold to the junkyard for $200.
She had a good run and didn't owe me anything. That was probably the lowest $/mile vehicle I've ever owned. Maybe not, but probably. I'm going to need a new winter beater before next winter, I've always wanted a V8 Dakota...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts