Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning to install a Powertrax No-slip in my Dana 30 front axle. I've seen, there is a special x-pin (hardened or even made from zytanium) offered for the Powertrax lockright. Usually this x-pin is announced for the rear Dana 30 axles.

My question:
Is it necessary to swap the x-spin, when installing a powertrax No-slip and
does this x-pin (made for the Powertrax lockright rear Dana 30) fit for a No-slip in the front axle. Is there a difference between the x-pins for front and rear Dana 30's?

Has anybody experience with this issues?

Thank you for your support.

Christian

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't have a lot of experiance with Powertrax products, but I know on my Aussie Locker in the front D30, it uses the same cross pin as the standard open carried.
I'm sure someone will come along with more knowledge of the Powertrax than I have, and I don't know if the Aussie and Powertrax have any simularities, but I thought I would just throw my experience out there.

Also...(and you may get ripped for this one, luckly most everyone on here is really nice, this isn't Pirate...Thank God!) I have never heard of a Dana 30 rear axle.
As far as I know, Dana 30 only came in two flavors, high pinion and low pinion, both for the front...never heard of one for the rear.:confused:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's exactly what I thought. But I found some offers "...xpin Dana 30 rear", so I just tried to find an answer. And the next thing is, this special pin is always "...for lockright...". No-Slip is never mentioned. Maybe the length of the pin is not fitting for the No-Slip, but obviously nobody here as any experience with this issue.

Thank you for your response.

Have a nice weekend,
Christian

·
Registered
158 Posts
I have never heard of a Dana 30 rear axle.
As far as I know, Dana 30 only came in two flavors, high pinion and low pinion, both for the front...never heard of one for the rear.:confused:
There are some Ranger's that have Dana 30 rear axles.

·
Registered
260 Posts
i have a lock rite in the front of my zj and...to say the least its great to have off road but fyi on road they kinda suck you will not be able to use 4wd on the road because when you hit the gas you will automatically be switching lanes and the other annoying problem is when turning in 2wd(which you will need to be in) as the locker ratchets it catches and bangs the front drive shaft and sounds like your **** is coming apart.

Long story short they make you unstoppable off road, are cheap and lock 100%, so be ready to deal with it.

My plan is the either swap it out in the winter or get a winter beater, but never live totaly without it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.