Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZJ details- 1995, Limited, 5.2L

Installed Hughes FI Airgap, Mopar double roller timing chain, Melling oil pump, EngineQuest CH318AA heads, Accel 24lbs injectors, Mopar Performance ECM for ODB1 (P5249702) and new distributor.

Problem
Motor cranks fine and got strong oil pressure, but will not start. Checked fuel pressure and about 40lbs. All spark plugs are getting fire (used inline spark tester). It's not trying, even a little, to act like it's going to fire. Took out a few plugs and they have gas on them.

When I installed the timing chain I made sure all the marks were lined up and the rotor on the distributor was pointing to #1 and at TDC. I took the Mopar Perf ECM out and put the original back in to see if that was the problem, but no joy.

Any ideas what the problem is? I thought it might be the crankshaft position sensor, but was working fine before and the coil is firing so I don't think that is it.

Thanks
JC

·
Registered
24 Posts
If plugs are wet with gas and getting spark something should have happened even a backfire.
Back to basics, unplug the fuel pump relay then crank engine to relieve pressure.
Remove rocker covers and spark plugs. Check that valves are opening and closing properly and there is compression on all cylinders.
Double check that timing marks line up with #1 (first cly driver's side ) at TCD again.
Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts