Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I personally don't have a OHV permit and I believe it is required for TSF, correct?

Where do I get one, and should we post that info for others coming to GSNW out of state?

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Great point John. While they are technically required to be on the trails, most of the rangers will only give you a warning. But I feel if you are going to use the land, at least pay a little to keep it open. The permits are about $15 and good for two years. I will post some info on how to get them before or I can set up a time to get them locally before we hit the trails.
Nathan

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Yeah, I second that. Good call John. I for one would be willing to vote for making it a requirement to participate in the event. Yea or Nay?

Jay

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys.

I have gone out there a couple of times w/o the permit, but since GSNW is an organized event, and we want to project the image of being responsible recreationalists, I am with Jay and think we should make it a requirement.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I heard something about an online permit site. I belive you can take care of this prior to the event for the out of staters.

E

·
0 Posts
Online or pre-buy would be nice.

Just in case, they can also be purchased at many stores and gas stations in the TSF region. Once you get past the "big city" they'll know what you're talking about. It's a 60 second purchase.

Still, 20 guys in a caravan might freak out the little old ladies at the counter. Might be better to pre-purchase. :)

-Dave

·
Registered
104 Posts
I agree make it a requirement. You have to pay to play.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
This link will take you to the official web page describing where to purchase OHV/ATV permits for TSF; We (4x4's) are class II. Cost will be $10.50.

This link will take you to the main TSF OHV page.

Jay

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here is a more comprehensive list of vendors for the permits. Just got mine yesterday at GI Joe's!

And Jay, the link I posted is by no means an attempt to out do you ;)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: johnand on 2002-02-08 16:19 ]</font>

·
Registered
69 Posts
On the way in to TSF from Blayne (sp), there is a gas station, the last gas station before browns camp right on the highway. I forget the name, but will try to remember to post it on here after I get back from there in May. they sell OHV stickers. probably one of the easiest spots to get them.

Just don't pet the dog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts