Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just got this 05 jeep grand cherokee v6 3.7 running very good for my wife. So like all use car that I have got in the pass, I clean the engine to see if am going to have a problem with leaks. After I clean the engine its still running very good. The next day went I went to use it, it starts very good and quick and then its start to shakes and stumbler follow by check engine light blinking and it stays on. So am thinking one of the wires is still wet and it will go alway. Its been two days now and its still shakes and stumblers, but only went am accelerating or at a stop light if am at a constant speed its ok, or slowing down and its not giving me any problem at all to start. I went to auto zone to check the code and its p0306- cylinder #6 misfire. So i look at the coil and it look like its on the spark plug ok and the harness looks ok, I was hoping to see it lose, but it been held down with a nut. check engine light blinks and it stays on and then it blinks some more, actually I think it blinks went am driving and its stays on went am stop. anyway am going to change the spark plug which I was going to do anyway and went I do this I will try to change coil #4 for the #6 coil, assuming that am right on were they are;

fire wall
#5 #6
#3 #4
#1 #2
all the belts
Any help will be apreciated

·
Registered
198 Posts
A 'flashing' CEL means stop driving it asap. It's telling you that an over-rich condition may be causing damage to your catalytic converter.
*I think you're on the right track with checking out the coil(s) Non firing coil could certainly cause over-rich condition, and raw fuel will eventually kill your cat. converter. (probably sooner than later)
*The p0306 code does point to #6 cyl so i'd get a new coil for that. Switching them will only prove it's bad, so skip that step as you're going to need a new one anyway. You could just replace them all.. :)
*Probably a good time to replace all the plugs. This DIY vid might help you with that.
I couldn't find a proper diagram to show which number cyl. is which. Do you have a repair manual for it? I'd get one.. even a haynes or chilton should do.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. I went ahead and change all spark plugs and I found coils six still wet which is;
fire wall
#6 #5
#4 #3
#2 #1
belts
So I move it to #2, clear the code and the car was running very good no code at all. went for a test drive and the jeep was pulling hard. but the code came back I got the go point bt1, which it a bluetooth code reader for the iPhone, so I pull over look at the iPhone and tap on the engine code and p0302; misfire cyl #2 I cleared it, but it came back, so today I stop by auto zone and got one new coil, at lunch time I exchange it and it runs nice and smooth and it has so much power its like day and night difference . I did think went I got it that it was kinder slough's and weak, but we did test drive a v8 one, just before we got to this one, so I figure it was in my head. The old spark plug look clean but wore out, am guessing it been some time since it been change!

Anyway thanks for the video and I hope this help others around here!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm currently having this same exact problem but code reads misfire on cylinder 4. Tried changing spark plugs and coils but no luck. any advice would be great

1 - 5 of 5 Posts