Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about buying new coils for my ZJ. I want to know where I can find and purchase the OME coils that are 1" taller than stock. I want to use them with my BB.

·
Registered
246 Posts
E-mail Kolak at [email protected] he is the one to talk to, great service and a great guy. [with great prices] Why if I may do you want 1 inch springs? It would be cheaper to get a 3 inch and put the BB on top of that. you are spending alot to get that height. Look into getting up-country springs, they are 1/2 taller. And cheaper.

-chris

·
Registered
227 Posts
For anyone considering doing OME lift kits on their Jeeps:

If you want to spend the money go ahead and do the OME springs. People may yell at me but it's worth it.
I've got a '96 4.0L with OME 1" springs and their ~1" packers and love it. Best ride, great flex. You can ditch the stock .5" rubber packers and stick 1.75" packers for an extra ~1.25" lift and keep the OME shocks that you'll also like. I think it's the best modest lift you can buy.
If you want to go cheap do a BB but I'm not sure it's fine quality. My OME outflexes my old stock springs by a long shot and ride quality is soooo much better. Do it.

Also this summer I'll be selling mine to go up to an RE 4.5+1.75" packers. OME springs, shocks, probably OME packers too. Heavy duty front springs, soft rear. Had for around 2 years this summer, great kit will probably sell cheap. Also other ZJ parts.

G

·
0 Posts
he probably wants to get 1" inch springs because they will make a 3" kit. It isnt like he is putting them on without spacers. i have this setup and the springs are like 1.4 inches over the stock ones. besides, they flex and ride like you would not believe. also they dont sag! if he got something like a pro-crap suspension system he would be replacing the springs after about two years. i know this because i had this kit. the OME/Teraflex is the best 3" kit that can be put on a zj in my opinion(unless you want to buy a 1500 dollar kit). OME springs are bulletproof. After all, they are made by ARB! also if he got a 3" kit with spacers(to make 5") he would be getting into tons of money as far as gears, etc. a 3 inch kit is they way to go if you are on the road 90% of the time.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jeepzj, you know what I am talking about. I want to get the 1" springs to make a 3" lift with my BB. Where can I buy these great springs at a great price?

G

·
0 Posts
the website that i have found with very good prices on OME components is 4by4connection.com/cherokeezj.html
it has the price for the full kit, but you can order just the springs...so it! you will be happy you did.

·
Registered
227 Posts
RE is now selling 2" coil spring spacers, just ordered mine yesterday.
I think an OME kit with 2" spacers, adj. track bars front and rear, long travel OME shocks, 31" tires would be unbeatable.
Mine already outflexes all the 3" kits I've seen, especially Tera and Skyjacker. Too bad. And that's with stock control arms. Incredible ride quality too.
I've mentioned on many lists how much I love my OME kit, just too bad they don't make a ~5.5"-6.5"!! Those Aussies know you don't need staggering lift to be a great off-road machine. They also don't have the same obstacles we do here in the States though.
I'll post some pics of mine soon twisting up with my OME. Then later when I get my RE 4.5+2.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts