Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has a 2005 JGC (that she loves by the way). While working on my son's car she pointed out that the passenger side carpet was very wet. I went to look, expecting to see water, but instead it was wet ( about 9 inch circle ) with what appears to be dirty transmission fluid. Red, a little tinged with brown. How the hell did that get there? Could this be an ominous sign? I assume there are no transmission cooler lines running inside the cabin...and I am not sure how that could have gotten into the heater core. OR if it is even a heater core issue. I have limited time so I doubt I can repair the Heater core myself if that is the issue. I would like to get some idea from someone more knowledgeable first before I decide to tear into it or take it to a mechanic shop.

·
Registered
290 Posts

Welcome to the group...

I've been thinking about this for a few days.
Unless the wife had something spill out of a sack she put in the floor it nearly has to be coolant from the heater core. What color is the coolant?
I've done a lot of cores but never a Jeep. Most are a pain to do. Some you need to pull the dash out.... Ugh..

Good luck.. Don S..

1 - 4 of 4 Posts