Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
861 - 864 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy from Texas all...
Wife and I about to pull the trigger on a 2021 V6 GC Ltd 4x2. This will be her main ride next couple of years (except when I pry it out of her hands to disappear into the countryside). When she's ready to move on, planning to make it my go-to for being out and about.

Curious on anything that is a weak point on these last production units.

As a former Jeep guy, I've enjoyed a lot pf places and times with a '74 CJ-5, '94 GC Ltd 4x4, and the wife has had a couple of GC's in the past as well. Had a couple of Ram 1500's the last 7 years, too, that share more than a few FCA parts. A good forum community is a huge resource and I'm looking forward to jumping aboard with a Jeep again, even if it's a lighter duty rig this run.

·
Registered
1998 GC Laredo 5.2 v8 Quadra trac
1 Posts
Hi from Western Oregon! I'm a old, retired fart who likes to fix things and make things. I had a M38A1 a long time ago, kept it stock. I just traded for a 1998 GC Laredo V8 auto. I was going to fix the steering and then flip it; but it grew on me so I'm keeping it. I've been reading up on the GC. Tons of good ideas out there! I've decided to make this my winter project. I have a 3.5" lift kit, 33x12.5r15 tires and wheels. Planning a DIY list....roof rack, front bumper, rear bumper, and rock rails. This sounds like an interesting group!

·
Premium Member
98 ZJ 5.2, 4.5” RC lift on 265/75R17
4 Posts
Hey guys, NE S.Dakota here. On my 2nd ZJ now. 98 ZJ 5.2 w/ 165k. Bought w/ the cheapest 4.5” RC lift on 285/70R17s and missing many necessary parts. Handles like crap. All over the road. VC is going out in my existing 249 and my front D30 w/ cv axles is popping and binding. Can’t tell if it’s the vc is causing that or if the axle is bad now. Other than that, my GC is super clean... for now.
Im waiting for the new IRO front long arm upgrade and rear adj. UCAs and LCAs to show up at my door. Also picked up a HP D30 and a NP242 from a 95 1/2 XJ at work, which I have yet to put on. Needing to re-gear the D30HP (along with my rear D44A) to 4.56, if I can figure out for sure what I need to buy. And if I’ll need to swap my input shaft on the 242 or if I can get by with just an overhaul and bolt it in. I’ve never done these swaps before, but I have read as much info as I can find. Thank you to NAGCA and other Jeep forums. I still have plenty of questions. Happy to be a new member and hope to meet some other Jeep owners on the trails.
Hey guys,
Just wanted to update ya’ll on the ZJ build. After buying and collecting an assortment of parts, I finally got the Jeep on the lift. Got the new IRO rear adj. control arms on and the new 5.5” coil springs in. It looks huge compared to the 4.5” front to rear swap that it had. I Yanked the NP249 out and the donor NP242 is split apart. Everything looks really good in there and ready to put in new seals. I should put new bearings in all around, but they are in good shape so I might be willing to risk it. Today at work, I ordered new 4.56 ring and pinion and master install kit for the donor High Pinion D30 I plan to put in as well. I’ll keep you updated as the build progresses.

861 - 864 of 864 Posts