Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
841 - 860 of 864 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up a 2020 Jeep GC Ltd. My daily driver lost it's transmission, always liked the Jeeps (had a 98 5,9 and an 02 GC Laredo) especially in Chicago winters. New to the V6 but enjoying it overall. Bitten by the modification bug.
Yeah yours features a great sporty look plus pounds well in critical terrain. Good purchase nice view from the driveway drop back
Betzy

·
Registered
1999 WJ Limited 4.7, BDS 2" springs + 1.5" spacers, Fox shocks, Spidertrax 2" spacers, 255/70r17
1 Posts
SW Ohio here. This is my 6th Jeep, but my first GC. 1999 WJ Limited with 145k miles. Stock for now, but that will change! I'll post updates as I do some work on it. I am a member of Southern Four Wheel Drive Association and Ohio River Four Wheelers.

·
Premium Member
98 ZJ 5.2, 4.5” RC lift on 265/75R17
4 Posts
Hey guys, NE S.Dakota here. On my 2nd ZJ now. 98 ZJ 5.2 w/ 165k. Bought w/ the cheapest 4.5” RC lift on 285/70R17s and missing many necessary parts. Handles like crap. All over the road. VC is going out in my existing 249 and my front D30 w/ cv axles is popping and binding. Can’t tell if it’s the vc is causing that or if the axle is bad now. Other than that, my GC is super clean... for now.
Im waiting for the new IRO front long arm upgrade and rear adj. UCAs and LCAs to show up at my door. Also picked up a HP D30 and a NP242 from a 95 1/2 XJ at work, which I have yet to put on. Needing to re-gear the D30HP (along with my rear D44A) to 4.56, if I can figure out for sure what I need to buy. And if I’ll need to swap my input shaft on the 242 or if I can get by with just an overhaul and bolt it in. I’ve never done these swaps before, but I have read as much info as I can find. Thank you to NAGCA and other Jeep forums. I still have plenty of questions. Happy to be a new member and hope to meet some other Jeep owners on the trails.

·
Registered
2004 WJ Limited 4.7 V8, 2005 WK Limited 4.7 V8
3 Posts
Hey everyone. I started a new post before I saw this one. Nice way to start by screwing up. LOL! Anywho, I had a 97 ZJ back in 2000, which got traded in on a minivan in 05 for the growing family. Got back into a Jeep about 4 years ago with an 05 WK which I foolishly said to my son "Maybe one day when you're old enough, you can drive this Jeep."

Well, he's now old enough and I have to keep me word, so I just picked up a WJ for myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys, Newbie posting here from the Chicago area. Jumped the Ram Truck ship and came over to Jeep (stayed Mopar). Picked up a 2021 GC 80th Anniversary Edition a couple weeks back. So far only mod is the front side windows were tinted 20%.

·
Registered
2021 Trailhawk
1 Posts
Hey everyone! We just bought our first Jeep - 2021 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. Happy to be here and be in the Jeep family after falling in love with the XJ and learning to drive in a CJ-5 as a kid.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello everyone! I am new to this forum and this weekend I am finalizing the deal to buy 1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. Already started to clean garage in my property in Spain here to make space for my new old car. Glad to be part of this community

·
Registered
2021 Grand Cherokee 80th Anniversary Edition
2 Posts
Hi! Never knew this forum existed until today and found exactly the info I was looking for so thanks! Have a 2021 80th Anniversary now and had a 2017 Trailhawk previously (which is still my favorite).

·
Registered
2007 5.7 Quadra-Drive II
7 Posts
Hello from MS, I just bought a 07 WK 5.7 Hemi QD2. It's actually my second JGC, the first was a 97, and the trans went out a month after I bought it, I drove it another year like that before I had to scrap it. I bought it mainly for the towing capacity, and interior space. I just got lucky on the rest. There are a few thing I want to do to it, but I will post about them later. I won't be doing that much offroading but I am trying to find someone I can tag along with just one time. I really need to feel it doing it's off road thing. So that's me basically me in a nutshell.

·
Registered
2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trail Hawk
1 Posts
Hello from Texas, First Grand Cherokee, here to learn about mods and how to keep this Jeep humming along for many years and miles to come.

·
Registered
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 3.6L
1 Posts
Hi all,
3 time Jeep owner here. 1st 91' (XJ), 2nd 01' (WJ), current 12' (WK2). Been almost six years since I had to sell my WJ and I'm glad to be back in a Jeep again.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone, I’m from Central FL and looking forward to enjoying these discussions!

I’ve been searching this forum for years (w/o registering) for technical advice and other discussions to help with what is now my wife’s aging 2011 GC Overland.
As for my wife’s Jeep, we bought it with some help from a family friend who was a retired Chrysler exec. We ended up with a V6 4x2 Overland, and it’s been our family hauler since the end of 2010, when we picked it up after ordering here in FL.
We’re definitely interested in the WL two-row coming out, especially the 4xe, but there’s no way I’m buying a new car with all the markups, so I need to keep the WK2 running well for the next year or two. I’m also finding Jeeps are much easier to tinker with than my GMC pickup, which makes me like it even more! Also have a puppy that loves the thing so that’s good too 😀

Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle registration plate Plant

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
1 Posts
Hello; our GC is a blue '17 in Overland trim. It tows a 20-ft camper trailer of the same color that we've named Blue Turtle. We're in Michigan, less than 50 miles from the factory where the Jeep was built.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, everyone. My spouse and I just purchased a 2021 GC Altitude. We weren't looking for a Jeep but absolutely love it. We live in Winnipeg, MB Canada, so we will see how it holds up in our snowy winters (and notoriously snow-covered streets) as well as some travel on roads and laneways into friends' cottages. Happy to be in this forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, everyone. My spouse and I just purchased a 2021 GC Altitude. We weren't looking for a Jeep but absolutely love it. We live in Winnipeg, MB Canada, so we will see how it holds up in our snowy winters (and notoriously snow-covered streets) as well as some travel on roads and laneways into friends' cottages. Happy to be in this forum!
Welcome!

841 - 860 of 864 Posts