Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

761 - 780 of 814 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Newbie to forums.

Just singed up, I've had Jeeps before, All Grand Cherokees. A 95, and am on my second 99. My 95 just simple rusted away, and wore out. The first 99 was a good one, straight 6 motor. It got T-Boned, and totaled. The second 99 I have now has the 4.7 v8. Got it for a good price, as it needed all the brakes, clock spring, crank sensor, and iac. And heater core....That was an adventure in itself!... PO used after market sensors, and could never get it to run right. All are factory parts now. It came from salt free state, so rust free! All that's left is the ac, re-sealed everything I could find except the pump itself. Think it's leaking. I used the dye, but it seems they did before so I can't tell where the leaks are with the blacklight. I'll have to clean the bay up to re-check. Motor replaced 70,000 miles ago and the tranny just before that, so I think it'll be a good rig up here in Northern Wi.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi from a mile high ...

Just signed up, will be inheriting a 98 GC from my kid lol. It needs a Tcase swap since it has a locked up 249.

·
Registered
3 Posts
AloooooooHa! From The Big Island of Hawaii!!
Where the Lava flow is a few miles from my home!
I just purchased a '93 Grand Cherokee for $350! She runs great, needs a paint job, some little fixes and Luv! She is my first jeep, if I don't count my ex's old jeep that rotted in his driveway!
Ok..... So I'm a female, blonde and a retired RN, who really loves fixer upper cars [I have a '72 Beetle and a '71 Chevy 1-ton truck with a 454 under her hood!)....
'Cept I don't know that much about fixing cars so youtube is my go to source! lol
My bestest friend who was kind enough to impart some of his auto-mechanic skills on me before the PunkyAss moved to the Mainland, so here I am! [Be prepared for LoTsa questions]
Mahalo Nui Loa!
Thank You All So Much!

·
Registered
1 Posts
New WJ owner in Missouri

Hello all. Just purchased my one owner 198,000 mile GC Laredo from one of my friends. Had a noisy 247 Xfer case and I swapped it with a LKQ salvage 242HD from a 2001 GC. Reused the rear driveshaft after installing a 1330 series spicer yoke out of a GM product mated to the 1310 jeep yoke with a odd size u-joint cross from Oreilley's. Also replaced the front CV driveshaft with a pick n pull unit due to bad cv joint. Front and rear driveshafts will be Tom Woods once the 6" lift is installed {planning on COR long arm}. The 4.7 ran great but due to mileage I replaced the timing set (all parts) with a new Cloyes set. New Autolite platinum plugs and now the beast has had about 1,000 miles on it since. Loving it! Only problem is that my wife does too!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Greetings.

Retired U.S. Coast Guard Chief...just bought a 2000 GC Laredo that needs some work, but will be fun once it’s ready to rock and roll.

Andy

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello.

New here, and new to Jeeps.

Other than seeing them for years.

Finally pulled the trigger and bought my first Jeep.
It's a '05 Grand Cherokee limited 5.7 v8

I know nothing about them, Or Jeeps as far as running gear and such.

Meaning , I've always owned g.m. and Ford. So the Mopar thing will be new.

I normally do my own work or upgrades , more than likely have a ton of questions, some stupid at times, as again ,first rodeo with a Jeep.

Thanks for having me,

Stich626

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thank y’all for the addition to your forum

Hi guys I’m building actually 2 Jeeps I have a 97 ZJ my project on 4.5 inches of lift and Pro Comp 33’s and a 93 YJ on 5 inches on 33’s daily driver to which both are a major pain but I can’t help myself I hope to meet new people and learn new things., Thank Again

·
Registered
20 Posts
Greetings From WV

Hey y'all my name is Matthew born and raised in Maine now living in WV served in the military for 11 years just got a 98 ZJ which is stock looking to make a lot of changes will post a build thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Long time stalker, first time member... I think..

I have gathered a lot of info from you guys by creepin in the shadows and taking notes in secret over the years. Just wanted to say Thank you to you all and hello. You all are really a great community and I appreciate the knowledge in this group.

I've been a long time Jeeper with Wrangler Tj's and with age and pain have moved up to a Niner. Man how I love her! Anyway, hope to see you guys around.

Sincerly,
Charlie

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Recently purchased a black 1998 ZJ for cheap that had a 2" BB, my goal with it would be something that could go through Uwharrie (I'm around the Greenville/Spartanburg area) with no problems. I'm new to Jeeps but do have experience wheeling in an ifs toyota pickup 4x4. IF I can, I would like to keep it street-legal but still have something that will do tougher trails.

-Andrew

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello all,

Injury retired Auto Tech/fabricator. Did some engineering schooling, until approached by the local auto shop to take over the front end and work towards 49% ownership.

New to Jeeps, and while not new to building/fixing cars/trucks, this is my first 4x4. After many years of going low and fast, family expressed a want to start going camping/exploring.

So I went got my hands on an 01 WJ (4.0, auto, 242 Tcase). Plans are relatively simple, minimal lift (probably overland coils and 1.75 pucks, and then proper arms and stuff to keep it nice and civil) , 265/75/16s (trimming if required) .. bumpers, and 'overlander' style mods to keep supplies/tools onboard without loosing all my interior space, or having stuff bolted all over the outside. No lie, it'll spend more time on pavement/bad weather, then it will on dirt/rocks

also going to build an offroad camper for longer trips, cause the wife and kid want silly things like heat and a bathroom and beds...

The WJ itself is sitting at work, it needs the front end joints rebuilt, an inspection, and a new/repaired front seat before it comes home and the official 'build' starts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello everyone,

Being the owner of XJ for 10+ years, I had a opportunity to become a owner of 5.9 ZG which I took.
Some mods already onboard, 5" LA, 33" shoes street legal

Rgds from the other side of the pond.

761 - 780 of 814 Posts