Discussion Starter #41
hey guys, been here since 2005 but just lurk
98 zj 6in lift, oba, custom bumper, Golen 4.7 stroker etc etc

Post up man, no reason to just lurk haha :D

·
Registered
1 Posts
loved my jeep new to this

just wanted to say hi to all the other jeepers out there. I love mine and won't get rid of it. i have a 98 grand cherokee with the 4 ltr i cant beleave the turning radius . a fellow jeeper from b.c.

·
Registered
14 Posts

Been reading here for a while, so I figured I'd go ahead and register.

Here is my Wife's 5.9 I've been slowly working on.

And here is my junk!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Im New Too!!!!

I have an 01 WJ, that i LOOOOVVVVEEEEE!!!
So far my upgrades are:
16in daytona black steel wheels
black housing projector headlights
10k HIDs
Cb w/firestick set up
30 ATs
Saving up for a 4.5in Long Arm set up!!!
but here she is for now!
in the back yard

Playin in the snow

I think i have a mild obession with my WJ :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey my name is Rene i own a late model 95 gc zj. Its the first vehicle ive own and have owned it since i was 16! Im now 22 and i have having issues. I cracked my rear dana 35 axel housing and i ordered in a used dana 35 with new 4.56 gearing and a new detroit true trac in it. At that point i was about to put the axel in when i was driving home from work and the sway bar end link broke and i decided to order a new 4.5" iro long arm kit and im just about finished installing that and i have ordered a set of 33x12.5 r 15 mt claws and a set of 15x8 rockcrawler wheels. I also have ordered a set of bushwack fender flares. I got a good deal on them i did want iceland offroad but the guy i order from said they were really backed up and id be waiting a month and a hlaf for them. I also have a k&n cold air intake on it! The lift has taken me a long time because i was shorted bolts and sent 4 rear shock and needed front shocks with bar pins or longer shocks and bar pin eliminators. I have just recieved the fron shock and finshed the front. I will post pics when the build is up to date!!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey my name is Rene i own a late model 95 gc zj. Its the first vehicle ive own and have owned it since i was 16! Im now 22 and i have having issues. I cracked my rear dana 35 axel housing and i ordered in a used dana 35 with new 4.56 gearing and a new detroit true trac in it. At that point i was about to put the axel in when i was driving home from work and the sway bar end link broke and i decided to order a new 4.5" iro long arm kit and im just about finished installing that and i have ordered a set of 33x12.5 r 15 mt claws and a set of 15x8 rockcrawler wheels. I also have ordered a set of bushwack fender flares. I got a good deal on them i did want iceland offroad but the guy i order from said they were really backed up and id be waiting a month and a hlaf for them. I also have a k&n cold air intake on it! The lift has taken me a long time because i was shorted bolts and sent 4 rear shock and needed front shocks with bar pins or longer shocks and bar pin eliminators. I have just recieved the fron shock and finshed the front. I will post pics when the build is up to date!!!!

Welcome! haha yer build list sounds alot like mine. how was the service from IRO? saving for the 5.5 critical path kit myself

·
Registered
87 Posts
The guys from IRO were very nice,but i was missing bolts for my crossmember and they sent me 4 rear shock because they were miss boxed! It was a huge hassel getting the parts since because of customs.That made the build take way longer then it should of. I actually have the 5.5 critical path but asked for the 4.5 coils because i didn't want to deal with the hack and tap at this point. I was told from chris at csl offroad that he has never had missing parts or wrong shocks before me lol. I would love to see pics of your build when its done..

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hmmmm...i kinda like the idea of using a 4.5" coil...for now lol was it any cheaper than the 5.5?? just bought a house this past nov. so build is takin its sweet time. gonna pull my tupperwagon off the road end of this month and start tearing into it

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think it was abit cheaper but not much. Only issue for me was i had to buy the axel and the one day driving to work i broke a sway bar end link. Before the axel i had changed all the seals on my tranny and transfer case and at that point i just didn't want to pay the extra money or deal with the hack and tap.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi, all!

My name is Donald. I'm currently 28yrs old. Graduated from Univ California, Davis. I live in Orangevale/Sacramento, CA.
I currently have a 1991 Nissan Maxima, a 1997 Toyota Camry, and a 2005 Suzuki SV650... well, I shouldn't say "I"... The maxima and the bike is mine. The camry is my girlfriend's. :p

Anyhow, long story short, I'm here for 1 initial (and hopefully longing) reason; I'd like to get info on the ZJ cherokee. My current car is slowly dying, and I'm looking to get a 4x4 that will either take me to the snow and perform some basic commuting activities (occasional tow of motorcycle, light furniture/lumber w/ trailer, handle mud, handle snow, and commuting). :D
I'm no Off-Road/Mall-Crawling enthusiast, but I do like the way the jeep looks. It's looks set it apart from the rest of the 4x4/SUV's that are out there. Very distinguishable.

I currently belong to 4 other forums which I frequent. Adding you to the list and possibly extending my stay here by actually getting a Jeep is quite exciting!
I currently belong to
  • www.sacramentocrotchrockets.com - please, ignore the "crotchrockets" name... it's merely a facade, and the folks there are quite "mature" compared to the common image of a sport biker just a local place for me to join up on some local rides.
  • www.motorcycleforums.com - a place for me to learn some more and broaden my horizons of other motorcycles
  • www.maxima.org - my current car's favortie home.
  • www.toyotanation.com - for my beaten down camry :p
So!
hopefully I will be able to keep coming back (if and when I get a GC) to learn more about the G. Cherokee enthusiasm here on the forum! :cool:

·
Registered
3 Posts
The names Ray/

hey guys! just registered today and already love the site! i own a 96 JGC Laredo 4x4 with a 4.0L Strait6! nothing special done to it yet, everything still stock from what i know! My uncle bought it with 70k miles and sold it to my mom with about 130k mile on it and it got passed down to me during my junior year in high school once i got my license! im currently running her 200k strong! ever since i started driving it i knew it was capable of doing so much more than just driving back and forth to school so when me and her had some free time, we would have a little fun in a dried out creek with alot of rocks and dirt eroded hills! i have big hopes of transforming it into a Crawler/bogger as well as keeping it a daily driver!

My senior year i got into a wreck with a lady and her honda civic...:mad: messed up my driver front end a bit, but i'm getting new parts to fix that real soon! i'll post some pics of it as it is in a couple minutes! and when i get her cleaned up i'll post b4 n after pics!:cool:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well, I just introduced myself a few pages back, but I've already made a change in my lineup. The '96 Grand, which I like to say I was giving a "foster home" to, found a new permanent home, and has been replaced by a 5.9.

It needs some TLC and I'm looking forward to warmer weather so I can work on it. Here is a crappy pic of it:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

We bought our first JEEP/Chrysler product recently. A very nice 2006 GC with 36,000 one owner miles. It's nothing special but we like it so far.

I'm a car guy that does my own repairs/upkeep and really enjoy tinkering with my vehicles. I am lucky enough to own a sports car as my "toy". My wife will drive the GC most days.

I hope to be able to learn more about the vehicle as well as help out fellow owners with problems with any of their vehicles.

Wayne

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine

well my ZJ 97 is my baby and she likes it rough lol! Breakage-broke u joints,bent and replaced front drive shaft,replaced front drive u joint,had to rebiuld the transfercase,hydolocked my 4.0 and put a hole in the block the size of a tennis ball lol. so now I got a 11600 mile 4.0,new transfercase,new front shaft,new front left u joint,new rancho rs5000's.tereflex 2" spacers,and a smitty built front bumper that had to be redone cuz I got it off a front totalled isuzu lol,my gal got me a 3000 pound winch not knowing it is totally not strong enough but am getting a champion 8000 pound winch from a fellow 4x4er and the brushes r going out and champion just sales the motor not the brushes($124 not bad for the motor) it has 94 feet aircraft cable (SWEET). Next 30" BF goodrich mud terrain tires and a custom back bumper with the 3000 welded on the back. Oh gonna have custom rock sliders made from a fellow 4x4er. My jeep is on it's way to growing up finally! [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
New guy looking for advice

What's up

I currently have a project for a 1993 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. I am looking for aome advice on some upgrades with regards to lift, wheels, tires, body work and bolt ons. I have never really done anything like this before, but I want to build a really original looking truck. I do not necessarily need all the function of having off-road capabilities but I want it to appear that way. I was hoping some friends would have advice on getting started and help with some links on purchasing items and specifically what types of items to purchase. I know this seems pretty vague right now but I plan on putting up pictures of all the upgrades on my truck through the process. It would kind of be like a virtual build for everyone. Like everything else in life there needs to be time for a budget to work but currently I have about a thousand dollars to get started with. Please feel free to respond.

Roger
[email protected]

·
Registered
36 Posts
New guy, from Maine, 2nd WJ owned..and owned....

other jeeps too..
Had a 00 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 01 Grand Cherokee Laredo, 97 Wrangler TJ, and currently own a 05 Liberty Renegade and a 99 Grand Cherokee Limited..
Good to be back in a Wj.... always loved them... the best Suv IMHO...
Not to mention the power of the 4.7 V8...
I'll post up some pics in a few days...
Hope to find some good parts on here for it too.. not that it needs anything.. already located a mirror... here ..
also want to find 4 nice wheels for it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hi, Im Brock, 21 yrs old, I live in Geneseo IL, this is my 93 zj 150k on it, I have been in the process of rebuilding this jeep for the past 2yrs and I have fell in love with jeeps because of it, Just some of things I have done, complete interior with leather seats, paint, wheels, K&N intake, larger throttle body, flowmaster, 2' bb, air suspension in rear, roof rack not in pic, and tons of other mechanical upgrades, see ya on the forum

41 - 60 of 811 Posts