Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

21 - 40 of 811 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I'm new to the site and the jeep world last march bought a 92 xj after I totaled my car because I wanted something to go on the beach surf casting as the beat up xj I got has saved many stupi people on the beach so I was bugging a friend for his 2000 wj and he was told the head gasket was blown because it was over heating after they pit a new water pump ... He sold it to me for 350 an turns out the mechanic forgot to plug the fan back in and after plugging that in a basic tune up and a new Axel and Brake caliper thing runs like new any suggestions on what to do parts wise? Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
My Trusty '94 Upcountry Limited

Hello everyone it's nice to be with Birds of a Feather!
I bought my '94 in '96 it must have been someones two year lease. As soon as I got in it, I loved it. The upcountry Leather, the Infinity Steero, Power Everything. I've enjoyeed it for years driveing it from coast to coast. It's been in the Pacific at Pismo Beach, Thru the SanGabrial Mountains on the Cucomonga Canyon Trail, Glamis, Mamoth, Big Bear, Mt. Baldy, over the years I've really gotten to know this Jeep and It's been the Best Vechele I could ask for. Over the years I've fixed most everything at least once. Now things are free as I purchace my parts at Autozone. The other day I noticed my rear break pads were thin. I took em off rode my bike down to Autozone they looked em up on their computer and said I bought them in 2000. They handed me a new set and I installed them for free.

I'm looking forward to getting to know people on the Fourm as I like to fix my Jeep myself with the help of my friend.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello from Wisconsin

Hey everyone, from Wisconsin!!
Just arrived here, I was looking for adds on parts for my 2000 WJ and found you folks, looks like a nice place and somewhere I can get some honest answers. Just got my Cherokee last Feb. and have been working on it all summer getting it road ready. Got it with front end damage and had to put it back together with new parts. I will post some photo's when the weather turns a little sunnier. Planning on doing a few mod's to it down the road but for now it's my everyday ride. Hope to get to know you all better and thanks for having me!!

:cool:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 95 grand cherokee limited it has an electrical problembut i can still drive it everything works but the dome lights flash as well as the in dash display open the door and it all shuts off when i unplugged the dash display and shut the door the radio started to work but would not play cd's and the dome lights stopped flashing what is wrong

·
Registered
1 Posts
JEEPers!

Hey everyone, I just bought a 2009 Laredo (I'll post pics soon) two days ago and it's my first Jeep. My wife and I traded our '04 Xterra 2WD in for something more worthy, and it already faced it's first challenge.... a bumper buster in the parking lot! ...=( But I'm looking forward to hangin out with you guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Howdy GC'rs,

I daily drive a stock 1999 WJ 4.7L that I bought used with ~94,000kms about a year ago and was directed here recently by a member of a local Jeep club as I have a sticking front pass side caliper and was wondering about Teves->Akebono upgrade. Lots of info and smart folks here.

I think I'm going to clean/inspect my caliper and stick around.

:)

Cheers!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello! I just got a 1994 GC Laredo. white I6 NP249 transfercase. it need some work but for 1000 i thought i did good. will post pictures when i can. Just wanted to say hi and get my foot in the door here!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello I am new and joined to get help in fixing my jeep, I hope. I am on my 4th one, 1956 CJ6, 1964 Wagoneer, 1991 larado, and my present mess 1993 GCLimited that got wrecked. I hope somebody can give me some ideas on how to fix it if possible. i like doing this myself if at all possible, part of the fun. It was hit in the back and bent the fram were th hitch attaches to it so it is in front tof th rear axel. The body is very clean and boy what a great ride. thank you Olefish.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Whats up all...Just came across this forum today. I've been an active forum member on multiple forums now for years. I currently own a modded 350z and I'm in the process of trying to locate a ZJ for winter. I plan on purchasing a ZJ in the next couple of days. Chicago is hard on these guys since most of them are rusted out. Trying to find me a clean one. Future plans are to run a 4.5 inch lift, Black 15 inch steelies 0 offset, and some larger tires. Haven't picked out my tire yet but I do know that I will be lifting it and putting on the roof cage/rack. (I'm a newb in the Jeep community so pardon me if my french is off) I've been in the car scene for years and I hope to learn a lot and share a lot with you guys!

Thanks!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all i'm new to grand cherokee but not jeeps. I live in MID-MICHIGAN. I got a 93 zj with 4.0L AWD for $420 it did have alot of rust but i installed new rockers fenders but still need a hatch. Then i did a 2" spring lift ball joints F&R sway ber links front brakes tune up valve seals and painted it + more. I did cut the F&R fenders for the iceland fender flares. Next i need to get tires and wheels i know i'm going with 33X10.5 tires i just don't know what backspace to get for the wheels

·
Registered
109 Posts
Since I already asked a question, I thought I would post an intro also. The ZJ is new to me, but I've had an 01 TJ since new. Brought it home about 6 months ago. I tell everyone I'm giving the ZJ a "foster home". It is a 1996 with 5.2, it's a fairly loaded Laredo. 4" Rough Country lift and 32's. Previous owner had let it get in pretty bad disrepair and was selling it very cheap. I figured he had what he was asking just in the lift, wheels and tires, so I bought it. I've done a lot of little things to her, but even with 178,000 miles she runs and shifts great. So, it became my little project, even though I have no idea why I bought it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
planning for tahuya in belfair

Hey everyone me and some other 4x4ers r planning on a tahuya run next sunday the 6th. We r gonna meet up at the fred myer in Aub. wa prob about 11 or 12. So if anyone is interested let me know. My email add is [email protected].I hope some of u can attend this basic run. My rig is basically stock with no lift and every time I go I have a blast but I do stay clear of mud lake lol,been told its very deep right now. So any who this is an invite to all hope to c many 4x4ers

21 - 40 of 811 Posts