Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 811 Posts

·
Administrator
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a lot of people joining the forum recently, and everyone wants to introduce themselves, so instead of having hundreds of introduction threads, lets put them all in this one thread.

So if you are a new member, post up here and say hello!

Welcome to NAGCA!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Newbie from NJ

Hey guys newbie to the site, but not to Jeeps. I just recently rolled my XJ about a month ago (well, my brother was driving :mad:) and have recently parted it out :( It was a 99 XJ, 3" lift, 33's, skids, rear Aussie, and a bunch of other stuff. But, thats history. So, to replace it I was thinking of buying a chevy pickup, but realized I had to go back to a Jeep. So, I'm in the process of searching for a V8 WJ because my dad has one and I love it. Gonna start small as most people do and try to keep this street friendly. No sense wasting money on a BB so I'm looking at smaller spring lift options at the moment. I'll post my questions in the Suspension tech board. I look forward to being a part of this site!

Just for kicks, some pics of my old Jeep before and after.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I think he means it needs some distance between it and the ground.

Looks very nice! List some things you've done to it. You can start your own thread under "Your Grand Cherokee"

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum but, like Pedro, not to Jeeps. I'm in an 04 WJ now and I love it. I'll post some pictures of it later, but right now I'm in the process of changing out all my fluids and ripping out the carpet after sinking it up to the windshield in a creek last weekend. I wouldn't want you to see her at her worst ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hey, y'all, J.B. here. Proud owner of a 225K mile 1995 GC w/the 4.0, and a 2003 Pontiac Grand Am, that when paid off will be traded in on an 05 WK with the Hemi. Here's my baby for now. She's still stock, so don't laugh too hard at these pics.......she'll be a real rig one day. Decided to "flex her out" in a ditch at my mother in law's......

·
Administrator
2,695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he means it needs some distance between it and the ground.

Looks very nice! List some things you've done to it. You can start your own thread under "Your Grand Cherokee"
Haha, yeah I meant get some horizontal mods going on :)

Hi everyone. I'm new to this forum but, like Pedro, not to Jeeps. I'm in an 04 WJ now and I love it. I'll post some pictures of it later, but right now I'm in the process of changing out all my fluids and ripping out the carpet after sinking it up to the windshield in a creek last weekend. I wouldn't want you to see her at her worst ;)
lets see some pics of it sunk!

Welcome to all the Newbies!

·
Registered
3 Posts
lets see some pics of it sunk!
I didn't have time to take pictures of it sunk, I was working pretty fast to get it out of the creek so I didn't get it too water logged. I've got a couple videos on my friend's camera from earlier in the day that I'll post once I get them from him.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Yo. I like Jeeps but don't know anything about them.

Oh wait. That's not true.
I bought the first v8 WJ laredo that Kirkland Chrysler sold, then got rid of it when I went back to school because I didn't want a payment.

Then I missed it so about 2 years ago I bought another one. Then earlier this year I bought a 3rd, but I never drove it so I just sold it. My 2nd one I got and it was bone stock. Since then, I've installed a 3" and then a 6.5" long arm IRO lift w/ Bilstein 5150 shocks, IRO premium rock sliders that my buddy brian added a 3rd tube to, IRO t-case skid, Mopar front skid, IRO sourced front drive shaft, Aussie Locker in the rear, WARN receiver shackle, Cobra CB, iPod integration into the Infinity Gold system, front tow hooks, Hella Supertones, Hella Rallye 4000 lights, mega monster tranny cooler, new radiator, new water pump, OEM H.O. air intake resonator with a K&N filter, high flow cat, Flowmaster 40-series, and I'm probably forgetting some stuff.

I've done ALL of the work myself, except Brian bending and welding up some tubes for my sliders.

Here's my ghetto crash bar (5x3" steel tube) with Rallye 4000 lights. You can see the Supertones in the grille too.

Here's the modified rock slider - I wanted more lateral protection, and these happen to stick out flush with the tires now.

Here's where I mounted my CB and brake controller.

And this is what it should have looked like when it left the factory. Oh, except I put the rear bumper back on.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Nice WJ... Where are you located?

·
Registered
67 Posts
New Jeep Lover

Hi everyone it was just about a month ago that my life was changed by finding out that my wife was pregnant, so I neede a new car that s10 I had was a POS and was so low I couldnt even drive on flat land without scraping. Then a few weeks later I found a 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, I drove it about 2 miles and fell in love. I could go any where I wanted and best of all it is very roomy and comfortable. The thing isnt perfect by far needs a good paint job but I do body work for a living so no prob. it also needs a set of tires and an alignment. Just today I put a new o2 sensor in it after putting on a new intake gasket so all of the missing and black smoke along with the horrible MPG's are long gone and by the way I am also a mechanic. It is closing in on winter quick and I cannot wait to find some snow to play in. It has a rebuilt 4.0 l6 in it mileage is unknown but the mileage it reads is 196,987 and no querks about it. I am looking for a few parts though like a rear hatch ( mine was previously smacked into really hard and it was fixed very badly before i got it, it looks like the Hulk punched it a few times), and a front bumper cover because mine is cracked a driver side factory fog light and when it got love tapped in the back they replaced the bumper cover with one from a laredo so it is the only unpainted peice of trim and looks kind of funny. If any one has any parts or good advice for that jeep or even a whole parts jeep for sale send me an email [email protected]. I have registered with many sites being an old hot rod greaser but never used them so I am still a first timer. I love jeeps now they freakin rule and some day soon i plan to hop up the straight six and give it some bigger shoes and longer legs if ya know what I mean. Well thats all i have to say so happy jeep'n and good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just like to introduce myself... Live southof denver and just bought a 99 JGC Limited a couple of weeks ago... my 99 sable went south so... Anyway, the guy I bought it from put a 2 in BB on it, put 5 new 245/75 BFG Long trails had new brakes and rotors on it, fixed the blend doors and a new serpentine belt. It has the tow package.. Had appr 72.3 k on the 4.7. Picked her up for 7400.

Edited to add.. will post pics later

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just a quick note to introduce myself. In September I bought my first JEEP, 04 GC, I6 Laredo, Selec Trac t-case. It's pretty much stock right now, the only addition is the previous owner towed it behind an rv and it has the front hook up and some strange wiring in it for towing. I really love it! I would like to add a simple lift sometime and some meatier tires. I'd also like to find a spot around here to go wheelin at since Paragon seems to be closed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Noob here...

Just purchased a new to me 2008 WK Overland w/ 15K miles on the East Coast. Being delivered to TX as we speak. Should be here before the end of the week.

Wanted a 08 CRD, but too late to get one new. Good used ones hard to come by and price premium on CRD used was higher than when new...

First time purchasing a used car sight unseen. Hope no surprises to give me any headaches or regrets.

This Jeep will be a daily driver for the wifey and be towed 4 wheels down behind our motorhome.

Looking forward to picking up and contributing new ideas off this forum.

Long time since I had my first Jeep, a 1993 Grand Cheokee Limited way back when they first came out...Loved the GC then, the 08 will have some big expectations to live up to.

Rgds,

Kevin

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Another noob making an intro. Glad this site is here. Good info from what I've seen so far, and I'm gonna' need it. Thanks to all in advance.

Picked up a '97 GC TSi w/ 139K miles at an auction a few weeks ago. 5.2L, auto, D44. Overall in good shape, runs strong, clean, no damage.

Already had carrier bearings replaced, new shocks in the rear, replaced right rear abs sensor, other small stuff.

Still needs some work, and I could use advice. ABS light on the dash stays on. Pulled all of the speed sensors, one at a time, cleaned 'em w/ brake cleaner and a brush, put 'em back in. Light stays on. Tested the two connectors under the rear seat, both pushing at least .5 volts. (Used a friend's volt meter, my first time, so not sure I'm using the right language.) Had it hooked up to a Snap-on scanner at another buddy's shop. Scanner said ABS control module had no signal. Some other posts I checked out said pull the fuse under the glovebox to kill the dash light. Did it. Light stayed on. I've checked the connections. They look good, but I'm only a garage floor mechanic.

I've head the ABS CMs are year/vehicle specific. Can I pull a CM from any 5.2 ZJ and replace mine? Dealer wants a mortgage payment to fix. Any ideas on what to do next?

Thx - JARHED97ZJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all. New here as of today as I just purchased my 1st Jeep. It's a 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I'm coming from a Chevy Silverado that I traded for it. I was on some Chevy forums for a couple years and then some Ford Exploder forums a number of years ago, so i'm looking forward to learning about my Jeep now. Any issues I should be aware of? Also, besides this site, what are the most popular forum sites out there?

1 - 20 of 811 Posts