Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

Offical Introduction

5K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  BParr1911 
#1 ·
Well I thought I would start off this Regional Chapter with some introductions.

Hi, My name is Justin (class says "hi Justin") and I'm an alcoholic...wait...wrong group, sorry about that. :D

I would like for people from this region to introduce yourself, and your rig if you choose, and let us know where you are at.

I thought by doing this, we could get an idea of where the majority of the people in this region are and maybe that would give us some ideas of future places to meet up at.

I'm in Oklahoma City, OK. Not a whole lot of wheelin' around here, being that I'm in the middle of the city, but there are a few "secret spots" around here that are good for a splash in the mud after a good rain. I have a 5.9 that I bought off of craigslist about 2 years ago. I haven't done a whole lot of mods to it, but I wheel it every chance I get. I've got a 2" BB with 31's on 15" XJ rims (what can I say, they where free and my 9'er rims needed new tires, this saved me from having to buy tires right away). I've upgraded my front driveshaft and front axle shafts to u-joint shafts out of an XJ, NP231 from an XJ and currently building a D30 HP from an XJ (I seem to have an abundance of XJ parts at my figure tips, gotta love Pull-A-Part)

Anyway, introduce yourself and let us know where you are at. I would like to start planning a meet & greet and/or trail run somewhere this fall.

I have family in Hot Springs, AR so maybe something at Superlift ORV Park, I've never been there.
Also have family in the Dallas area but I don't know of any places down that way. Either way, I would be more than willing to travle to either place, or anywhere else for that matter.

See less See more
#4 ·
Hey Justin I live west of OKC out by the South Canadian river. It's gettin time for a river run if we get some water flowing. Right now it's pretty dry though. I'll post up when we schedule the fall poker run. Usually 100- 150 rides show up

Mud

#6 ·
Gents - been away for a while and just realized there are now regional groups. I'm here in Ft. Worth and our '93 is just about ready to start stretching it's legs. Lift is going on this week, have new 245/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain AT's mounted on 9er wheels just waiting to go on, and then we'll start seeing what's what. My oldest son tried to kill that Jeep but couldn't. The youngest son now gets it to see what he can do. There is an offroad park located in Bridgeport, TX that's supposed to be pretty nice and that's really not too far west of here. Otherwise, it's all the way out to Gilmer in east Texas. I have been to Gilmer several times in my 78 Cherokee Chief and it was a blast - it's just kind of a hike. Bridgeport is maybe 45 minutes to an hour from here ... can't wait to get the "new" ride out there soon.

#10 ·
Damon out here in the DFW area.....Irving to be exact. We just need the word to get out that it has gone regional. This forum looks to be kinda hidden down at the bottom past the for sale stuff. Anyway, I have owned 11 WJs and currently have a 2004 with a small 2" lift and biggest BFs I could tuck in. We have the Wrangler as well and love going camping etc. OK, done here, hope we can gather up a few.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.