Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

161 - 174 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
By the way, I love how some morons think "green technology" is GREEN.

The electric or hybrid cars may be more green in usage, but making them is still a filthy business (materials/manufacturing).

They use some wicked stuff in making IC's, fabs are notoriously dangerous.
FR4 or ceramic substrates are nasty too, and then there's cleaning/washing after various proceedures, curing adhesives in assembly etc.

Get your hybrid car with a controller made in China, you know, that place where they dump the Tric right into the creek out back.

Doing so gives you the right to flip me off while I drive my old used V8.

Anybody got a good link to how much energy/pollution is used/made in making a new higher efficiency car vs driving and maintaining a lesser vehicle for a longer period of time?

·
Registered
307 Posts
political hermaphradite. i got a good laugh outta that one.

thank you for pointing that out. that is a very good point. although some will argue the total emmisions in that vehicles lifetime (including mfg) which is valid imo. which out weighs the other? good question, in which there is prob not yet an answer.

when i personally reffer to green tech, im reffering to much more than just transportation.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do you think "unimpressed" was serious. It was almost too ridiculous to be real… even for me. It’s almost like something I would write, just to get people riled up and get some conversation going… but way stupider. Normally I would remind everyone of no personal attacks, but damn.

OK, no personal attacks.

I’m too lazy to go back and read all that again, so I don’t know who to quote, but don’t you think we can stop blaming Clinton for what is happening now? It’s like giving credit to Bush for things Reagan did.

·
Registered
3,462 Posts
Personally, I find it comical he labels this entire board as being anti environment over an assumption based upon a half dozen people's opinion in a political forum.

I bet dollars to drill-holes that I'm 10x's more informed about environmental policy, and do 20x's as much to help the preservation of our lands than he has or ever will.

keep the personal atacks down though. You can disagree all you want, but if you think someone is stupid, show them how stupid they are with sound logic and information, not "you're a moron". You'll never win a debate by throwing insults in place of info.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Your guns are not going away
Your liberty will probably improve
Your taxes will increase if you are rich
Your country will have increased respect
Your life will probably be affected very little

He won. I'm not sure why everybody wants him to fail??? He just might if nobody gives him a chance...

BTW - NO more "take him out" sentiment either. KEEP IT TO YOUR SELF!
Quoted 12/08

Guns: not yet
Strike 1
Yep, plus if you're middle class. But if you're poor, you get everyone else's stuff
Strike 2
Strike 3... AAAAANND... YOU'RE OUTTA THERE!

Now only if we could get the big 'O' outta there...

·
Registered
763 Posts
I wonder how all the hope and change is working for you obama supporters now?
I cant wait untill this anti american socolist fool is out of office. Remember this november to vote them all out demos and repubs. Time for the long term politician is over.

·
Registered
421 Posts
What to do: get informed.
Easier said than done.

I told my friend that "I'm gonna get informed". I'm gonna start listening to NPR and he said "no!!!!!!!!" that's the liberal devil propaganda. I say, OK, I'll listen to Fox and another friend says "NO!!!!!!!!!!" that's whacko right-wing propaganda.

So, OK, I give up, I'll watch CBS, ABC or NBC----"NO!!!!!!!!!!!" that's the liberal media!!!!!

How does a poor, uneducated voter get a fair, unbiased and informed education?

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
lol...

1) Take a look at each candidate's stances. There's some good voters' guides out there that compare and contrast the candidate's positions.

2) I really like taking a look at voters' guides and - if the person is an incumbent - the representative's voting record.

3) Figure out where you stand on the issues first... then pick a candidate that best represents you.

4) And go ahead and listen to NPR... then watch Fox... then watch PBS and listen to Rush Limbaugh and Dennis Prager. See which you think makes the most sense.

BTW... listen to www.850koa.com [click "Listen Live"] at noon MST every day... and that will help! ;o)

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
LIke Toby said, look at the history of the politician.

Not what they SAY, but what they actually DO.

And For the record, voting everyone out just to do it is stupid. I will vote to keep in my rep Duncan Hunter. He stands for everything I do so why would I not vote for him?

161 - 174 of 174 Posts