Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been creeping and signed on sometime ago just read some stuff mainly. I know this has been asked somewhat and the answers are varying, but I’m here to ask, with more detail on complaint so: 96 ZJ, 4.0, 242. Completed all sorts of what nots over last 3 years of yard art status like massive frame off essentially. Engine rebuilt by me, engine harness opened and inspected, transmission is a donor from a 2000 WJ(maybe issues?). Whilst removing original trans due to pump seal failure and progressive damage to clutches the trans harness to valve body disintegrated. Complaint is O/D light is illuminated key on only or engine running, any attempt to command O/D on is met without success. Aside from donor trans, cooling package is new, added 11 inch aux trans cooler, fan clutch new, thermostat new and eliminated OEM cooler lines in place of hydraulic hoses to JIC fittings in trans body, and harness connector has been replaced(used supplied pin out with harness). I have read everything from solenoids, to over temp and under temp, to internal leakage, to purple dinosaurs on crack can cause this. So before I begin chasing issue to root cause I am hoping some fellas here might some insight or a go to first thing. Thanks for nay input and sorry for beating a dead horse if that’s the case

1 - 1 of 1 Posts