Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1688 Posts

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oky Doky,

Might not make the ol moderators happy, but I figure I'd start a thread we could all communicate with eachother here in Northwest on nagca.... ehh bright idea? As Greenmachine would say.. "know about it". I figure instead of post whhhhoring in old sections we could all just do it here eh? ;) Anyways... and of course I'm probably gonna have a question or 5 million with my new build at hand... [smilie=bowdown.gif] Claytons, removing panels, lotsa tube, front makeover, and tranny modifications, coolin, aftermarket pan, and that pain in the azz lightin stuff :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I'm having some lighting issues and I've had these lights for a year now sittin awaiting a bumper, and it looks like they are no longer gonna be worth a $hit to me.

http://www.yellowandbluelighting.co.../17/List/0/Level/a/ProductID/767/Default.aspx

(These are the slim line to fit nicely on a bumper "fog" version which is what I wanted at the time... a nice wide beam for visability on tight trails... these don't so much as throw light far as they do wide which is what u want wheelin unless you're doin the Baja 1000 at 80mph)

Make an offer... I paid just over $90 for the pair. I still have the box and all. I need the money to put toward lights on my rig unfortunatly... not on my priority list, but gotta make my rig street legal and do it right. It looks like I'm gonna go w/ some Hella driving lights since my headlight area is thrashed (think about the fact I'm not gonna have hi-beams) and I'm not certain only since lights are not something I even care about normally, but I'd like some bright azz lights that I'll hook up to my fog light switch(was thinkin KC slim line 130s or whatever).... any suggestions... The less the money the better :roll: I mean I've seen some of the crapp PIAA makes... u could cook and egg in front of them. Any of you guys been followin the light industry I guess is what I'm askin.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Have not looked into lights too much yet. Get this. I have been looking into steering box upgrades for a while now and finally bought a re-man box for a Jeep J-20 truck at NAPA. Thing cost $170 PLUS a $145 core change. This was fine until they told me they could not accept my old box back as the ear is broken off.

So now I'm thinking do I hit a junk yard and spend anywhere from $50 to $70 to get a core to return or do I just get the AGR super box 2 and be done with it. The AGR box will only be about $100 cheaper than the NAPA box. I will be keeping the current box as a spare, hence why I need a core. People seem to have bad experiences with the PSC stuff but the AGR seems to work out for people when I do the normal searches.

I really think I like the AGR rebuilt box over the NAPA weirdo box.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Oh, and this thread is a good idea. I have thought about starting one myself. We have a fairly active group of ZJs out on the trails here and this thread is in the right forum topic too. GSNW Forum is us right? This is good thread. [smilie=bal_cool.gif]

·
Registered
462 Posts
i'd say go with the agr, i've only heard good things about the psc. but you know alot more about these things than i do and if you heard bad things i'd just go with the agr. plus its cheaper and you don't have to go through the hassle of finding a replacement just to give to them and not have a spare yourself

·
Registered
462 Posts
i think this is a good idea but i would think the chit chat forum would be a better place for this type of thread seeing as how it doesn't (well as of now it doesn't but i'm sure we will mention GSNW often enough to merit its placement) anything about GSNW ;)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
hmmm....agreed with above posts.

it would be nice if they broke up the forums into regions, so we could just talk with those we wheel with instead of speeking to the whole world. Funny how we all chat in the "lets go for a run" section, when we are not planning a run.

anyways...central, i would not worry about lighting when you have bigger issues at hand. Beef up that steering box and anything else you see snapping the next time you wheel. You are at the point of no return with your grand. Do the frame rail stiffeners, P.S. cooler, more skidplates, bumpers....
And for God's sake, do yourself a favor and build a cage in that thing before i have to come over there and re-load your food tube/change your diaper.
That is just my smart azz opinion....it's much easier to spend your $$ than mine :mrgreen: .

-Green

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As always I appreciate your candid moments Greenie. On another note nwgrand called me up tonight and mentioned that we should do GSNW 2008 on Memorial Weekend.... hmmm [smilie=bal_ask.gif] Maybe some of the other local Grands that are beefed up will come... ahh who am I kiddin.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
well, i was holding off on committing to memorial day, just because its often the last good snowmobiling of the year. but hey, if your gonna make it GS, i guess i'll have to show.
But, seeing how the last couple big round-ups have been over here, i think it's fair to do a GS over on the wet-side. I have no experience over there though, so i cannot suggest any areas other than would be cool to do it so us east-siders can wheel trails back over this way.

[smilie=feast.gif]

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
As with the chit chat forum I think we are better having this thread in our own forum. The GSNW forum is where others in Washington, Oregon and Idaho will come and find us. Plus we won't be in the way of the goings on in the main forum.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Horus said:
Plus we won't be in the way of the goings on in the main forum.
by "goings on" do you mean all the web wheeling almost everyone else on this forum does? :lol:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
hey chris, you have certainly proven how tuff those RE control arms are; but i gotta ask- wouldnt it been a lot easier fix if the arm had just bent in a bit rather than the uni-body?
[smilie=1poke.gif]

·
Registered
439 Posts
hey greenmachine, i hear you one the snowmobiling but, memorial is a great jeep event you can't miss, im sure everyone will be there so it doesn't really matter if it is GSNW 08 or not. Your right it prob. should be on the other side but i figured everyone will be there and it can be one of the hardest trips of the year. I'm already planning on having a winch, and doing a "first run" up on friday. Last year lee and i and 2 TJ's w/winches ran 1/2 way up tripod and it was very difficult compared to sunday. I prob should of not been up that far w/out a winch - driving around 3' tree hole in the snow. It all depends on the snow this year though.

·
Registered
439 Posts
by the way greenmachine, you or your bro, go up over there yet. Most i found around here is about 18" mostly 10"-12" though. enough to break in the new sled.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Rear track bar mount.

Broke my rear sway bar too.

Just so ya'll know that is possible.

Body damage.

Evans has over a foot of snow on it. Only ran the lower 311. Broke before BLH. Drove it home the way you see it in the photos.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I was going up brake line hill. It hurt to not take the hardest line today with all that snow. I was going around the easy side and just got stuck in front of some rocks. The damage was from a stump hanging into the trail. I would bump it hard to get over and the rock in front of the driver side tire was angled and throwing me sideways into said stump. I eventually had to get winched out. :cry:

I had a blast the whole time anyway. Even after the break I just moved into problem solving mode and got my rig out and home. The drive home was a real nail-biter though.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
by the way greenmachine, you or your bro, go up over there yet. Most i found around here is about 18" mostly 10"-12" though. enough to break in the new sled.
[smilie=bal_cool.gif]

we havent been out yet. sleds are still in the shop getting a couple things done. I used to do all my own work, but rather pay to get it done right now. Sportland in cle elum is a great place to get things done, i know the mechanics and the owner and they are all anal.
should be done soon.
Hows the cat runnin? Clutching feel good?
you should get with my bro and discuss M-cat "must haves"
I know the HRP rear skid kit makes em ride better, and they seem to where clutch parts out quickly....
I think an aftermarket mesh hood would be cool on those instead of the side vents and $hit people do to keep the clutches cool.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Yo I had a blast today @ Evan's mike. I think the trail gods had it out for ya though. :mrgreen: ;) :lol: [smilie=1zj2 (1).gif]

1 - 20 of 1688 Posts