Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I am new to this forum also but I have owned several jeeps. If it was me I would go with the 2 inch budget boost and some 31x10.50x15 bf goodrich a/t. Thought you may have to trim a small bit and it wouldn't be a bad idea to flatten your pinch welds

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to this forum, but been a Jeep owner since 2001. Was wondering who has done the wj hidden hitch kit in stock bumper and are you happy with it. Thinking of doing it to my 04 Overland.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i need some help trying to figure out what trans my zj has I know 93.5 and up are a 42re but idk if mine is past the 93.5 cutoff for that or if its old enough to have the aw4 the manf date on the door says 3/93 and the vin code is s/p so it is a 1993 but idk if its when the swapped the aw4 out or not any help is appreciated.

·
Banned
30 Posts
pound a weld

yes, you can pound the pinch seam flat to help with tire clearance, but don't grind it off.
what if ya grind it off an run a bead back welding all 4 flat ????do ya think walling on pinch welds an pound them flat would brake the welds i meen if there all stack tight like cards an ya try to push them side ways//cards that is //some get longer some seem to get smaller would seem like the welds would rip apart //Just Empty Every Pocket

·
Registered
1 Posts
1995 Jeep Grand Cherokee Tran/transf. Case swap

I just acquired a 1995 grand Cherokee 5.2 210,000 miles in great shape and it has tranny problems. Some slipping and banging when it down shifts. Friend is a tranny guy he recommended not rebuilding it. Said its not worth it based on the mileage that it would be cheaper and smarter to get a fresher tranny from the bone yard with a lot less miles on it. Agree or disagree? It is full time four wheel drive (quadra -track) 46rh. So if I'm going to swap out the tranny I want to change the transfer case also to select track (np242 I think) at that time. I have a bone yard near by but don't know what year and model jeeps I can choose from for a doner that match up to mine (Plug in n play) if possible and what parts I need from the doner to pull it off. I got to tell you never had a zj before....I fell in love with it as soon as I pulled out of the guys driveway! I am recently retired and was looking for something to build....I found it!

My next thing is to lift it .... would like to go to 16 inch rims and 31 inch tire. How high of a suspention lift do I need to achieve that with out tire rubbing ?Recommended kits and tires to use?. This will see mostly sand beaches and o/r trails. Rim and tire size combo recommendations are welcome. I don't want to go nuts on the lift and tires but would like to achieve that intimidating grand Cherokee look and unlock some of that proformence. I am a fishermen mostly surf fishing. That will be the application for this vechical.

Thank for you help in advance,
Jim

·
545 Posts
could try giving the box a service and adjusting the bands... have to do this in United Kingdom as not many to be found in scrap yards:(
also try checking the Drivetrain section and doing a search... a lot of info on site about gearbox/transfer box swaps :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
New to NAGCA I would like to start a build thread but I am unable to post images, I do not want to just go around spamming random threads to get my post count up. How many post do i need to post images?

·
Administrator
2,695 Posts
New to NAGCA I would like to start a build thread but I am unable to post images, I do not want to just go around spamming random threads to get my post count up. How many post do i need to post images?
See if you can post pictures now.

·
Registered
5 Posts
new stock 2016 GC Overland - clunking

Completely stock. While in Titus Canyon (Death Valley) I experienced a lot of clunking, I *think* mostly from the front. This wasn't the Rubicon, just rough washboard, switchbacks on a rocky road, but nothing serious. Is this normal?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a 2014 GC Overland and am having "fun" setting up all the customizable options... I was wondering about the power door locks... Right now they lock once I reach like 10-15mph (auto lock feature) and unlock when either the driver or front passenger door is opened and the vehicle is in PARK (auto unlock on exit feature). I know like a whole bunch of other vehicles can be programmed so that when you shift into PARK it auto unlocks all doors, and when you shift out of PARK it auto locks all the doors... Is there ANY way to do that on my Jeep?! My daughter HATES it that I always take sooo long to get out of the car and she has to wait for me to either open my door or press the unlock button.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Completely stock. While in Titus Canyon (Death Valley) I experienced a lot of clunking, I *think* mostly from the front. This wasn't the Rubicon, just rough washboard, switchbacks on a rocky road, but nothing serious. Is this normal?
I had clunking on wash board as well, new sway bar end links cured it.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts