Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
On the ZJ I currently run 245/75/ 16 bfg ko's with minimal no damage rub on no lift, no spacers.
Anyone know if 235/85 16 bfg ko's will fit stock rims with no spacers with no damage rub:
No lift?
2 inch pucks?

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
16 Posts
N00b q time... I bought a new shift knob for my 96 and everything I've seen online said I just have to pull really hard to take the old auto knob off, but I figured I'd run it past you guys to see if anyone has done the same thing with an auto trans before I start pulling on my shifter lol.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes you just pull up on your shifter to remove it.It will take quite abit to get it off and be careful you don't braek your windshield while doing it. It has happened. Don't ask me how I know... Lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yes you just pull up on your shifter to remove it.It will take quite abit to get it off and be careful you don't break your windshield while doing it. It has happened. Don't ask me how I know... Lol

·
Registered
8 Posts
Noob shock question

Okay, I admit this may be a totally dumb a$$ question, but here goes.

I need new shocks, but not enough coin for a full lift. (I plan to go maximum 4", but realistically probably 2-3.5" w/BB or F2R) By not enough $$$ I mean I want to do it right (track bar, control arms, etc).

Can I get shocks meant for 2-4" of lift without having the lift?

'97 ZJ Ltd. 5.2 249 +all stock. (I do have a steering stablizer, but that was on when I got it & it looks stock)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi To All From across The pond!!!

I'm New To this but I've Had My 96JGC For a fair while now,

My JGC is off the road at the Mo having some work done (By ME!) improving the suspension & replacing things that I don't think have ever been replaced since coming off the line!!,

The one problem that is vexing me is the power seats tho???

A few weeks before I took it off the road earlier this year in April I got it one day & it sounded like someone had put a ticking time bomb under my seat!!, I promptly got out & checked under the seat & thanks to god there was no Bomb, There was however no movement happening when I attempted to move the seat It just carried on ticking (Much to my annoyance!), When my Wife Tried to move the passenger seat she too could get no movement, But when she pressed any of the seat actuating buttons the ticking noise stopped?!?!?!, now the ticking has stopped altogether & neither of the seats move at all, They are fine where they are But I know that non moving electrical seats are a British MOT Failure so I would really like to get this problem fixed before I take it for its MOT!!,

Also I am having intermittent troubles with the rear wiper, It didn't work when I bought the vehicle so I swapped out the motor for one I got from a salvage yard & to be sure I swapped the relay too, this solved the problem for a while But now that too has failed & Is also an MOT failure!!!, Its soooo frustrating!!

The last thing is the supposed back up alarm is going constantly, I say back up alarm as it is barely audible until you open the hood, The sound of a constant beeeeeep beeeeeep beeeeeep is coming from a small speaker unit behind the ecu? & The Brake booster/Master cylinder, It may be in a different place for the NA-JGC But For the British model it is jammed in to one of the least accessible nooks in the engine bay, But as it is constantly going it is constantly draining the battery, If I don't use the JGC for a day or two I have to get the Battery Charger out as the damn beast goes dead!!

So Guys Any Ideas on how to fix these problems would be great?, I have checked ALL the fuses in both the cabin & under the bonnet/ "Hood" & all seem to be in tip top condition & The relays seem fine

Any Help Here Would Be Great

Cheers Gus.
96 JGC/ 2" Lift/ Insa Turbo Saharas/ Safari Snorkel (XJ With Mods!)/ K&N Filters/ Carbon Mirrors/ Carbon Dash Overlays/ Saving Up For Long Arm Kit & Coilovers/ Home-Made Bumpers Planned & In Process/ Home-Made Rock Sliders & Belly Pans In Process & More To Come/ Photo's Will Be Uploaded When The Beast Is Ready To Roll!!!
In Times Of War - It Is Truth That Is The First Victim"

·
Registered
454 Posts
I wish I could point you in the right direction, from all my years workin on 12V electronics I'd say you have picked up a "gremlin" infested rig. It sounds a bit like moisture damage to one major thing, or multiple smaller systems.

·
Registered
24 Posts
As my name states total noob, and just picked up a 98 jeep limited 5.9 mostly just liked it for the power, but after getting it home I noticed that the passenger front is sagging, I am assuming it is a shock issue, but don't know the idiosyncrasies of this car so not sure if it could maybe be something else. Any help would be awesome. I don't plan on going crazy with this thing, but just want it to be nice and maybe ad a couple inch lift with nice tires. Anyone with used parts I would love to hear from you to help with this too :)

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Somebody may have leftover parts, but put your location in your signature to make things easier. Check your front spring and see if it's broken. A shock doesn't hold anything up, it's just there for control. Any noises? Does it handle funny?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Somebody may have leftover parts, but put your location in your signature to make things easier. Check your front spring and see if it's broken. A shock doesn't hold anything up, it's just there for control. Any noises? Does it handle funny?
Spring is fine, and it makes sounds but in the back end, it almost sounds like something is loose back there when I go over bumps like the entire back end is kinda floating around or something. And yes it does kind of handle funny as said above the back end kind of floats around so i will be going down the road and all of a sudden it will start drifting left or right, and in the steering (not sure if this is common or not) not sure how to explain it but I can turn it about 1/8th of a turn either direction without anything happening.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Ok, also put your vehicle info in youtr signature. If you have a WJ, check the rear upper a-arm (control arm). Squeeking and sagging means the 2 bushings attaching it to the body may be shot. The ball joint on the axkle side also wears out. The ZJ has the traditional 2 upper links with a trackbar. If you have a ZJ, check those connections.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Sorry guys I have a noob question. The plastic container that hangs at the front bumper on the driver side, what is that called?
Evaporative canister

·
Registered
12 Posts
I don't have a GC yet, but most likely will get one Monday, before I do however I would like to know if there are any major issues with the auto transmission on a 2000 GC 4x4. Eventually it will be going off road in Uharrie NC and I want to make sure this rig can take it like a champ.

·
558 Posts
Running water noise in dash

Had the dreaded noise for a while on my ZJ 4.0L, and found the cause to be from the core plugs behind the exhaust manifold.
I noticed the side of the engine getting damp after cleaning it when I removed the SS manifold, to TIG welded it back together as the welds started to fail 14 months after replacing.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Tires & a lift, but whats best?

Hello all,

I am new to the world of wj's so here is a basic question. What A/T tires run best, keeping in mind this is a daily driver, and it is driven on the highway a little. I was also thinking of doing a BB, any recomendations on which one is better than the rest? There seem to be quite a few on the market. Any input is great, and thanks to all in advance.

-Alex photo.jpg

21 - 40 of 57 Posts