Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 WJ Limited and it came with automatic headlights and there was a red light on top of the dash that blinked when the alarm was armed.
I just got a 2000 WJ Laredo (I wanted the six and selectable 4wd) it does not have automatic headlights and there is no red light on top of the dash. The Laredo has a factory alarm which works and remote keyless entry which also works. Just the light is not there.
In looking to find out why I came across some discussions showing that the alarm light and the auto headlight sensor are both in the same place.
If automatic headlights are not installed, did the factory also delete the red light?
There is a nice little cover for the hole where they should be, which is why I wondered if it was a factory thing.
Appreciate any knowledge or points toward places where that may knowledge may reside.
Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My ‘04 Laredo had no light, but it was easy to install; pop off the dash fascia (4 tabs), and mount your new one - 2 mounting holes and the wiring connector are already in place. If you get one from a donor at a U-pull, you’ll see how easy it is. Plus, you will now have automatic headlights when you get the correct multi-function switch.
I only wish I knew how to activate the alarm. ��

1 - 2 of 2 Posts