Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I purchased a 95 zj with a 4.0 last month. It had a bucking and sputtering issue when you get it warmed up 15-20 minutes into driving. I have replaced the tps iac coil plugs wires rotor cap and it idles and drives great until the bucking and sputtering starts to happen. After doing all the maintenance stuff the family and I set off to test it out and got 15 minutes into our drive and then it started we started to turn home and limp it back. I pushed the OD button just to try it and started driving home it didn’t do it again. We drove around for an hour after that hills freeway stop and go with the over drive off and it drove and shifted great. What would cause this to happen why is turning the OD off making it not buck or sputter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
70 Posts
Step one is do the preventive maintenance on the transmission. You don't know if its ever been done or not, and its absolutely necessary.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hello all I purchased a 95 zj with a 4.0 last month. It had a bucking and sputtering issue when you get it warmed up 15-20 minutes into driving. I have replaced the tps iac coil plugs wires rotor cap and it idles and drives great until the bucking and sputtering starts to happen. After doing all the maintenance stuff the family and I set off to test it out and got 15 minutes into our drive and then it started we started to turn home and limp it back. I pushed the OD button just to try it and started driving home it didn’t do it again. We drove around for an hour after that hills freeway stop and go with the over drive off and it drove and shifted great. What would cause this to happen why is turning the OD off making it not buck or sputter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How many miles? On this? Are your gauges acting normal? Is your battery fully charged? Did you change out the electronic piece under the cap. ( sorry forgot the correct term).
best of luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts