161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #161

·
Registered
259 Posts
This puppy gonna be ready for DWE show? Im excited to see it.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Where is this build at? I am still waiting to see the outcome on this bad boy [smilie=hb_comp.gif]

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Hey Northwoods, How is the 5.9er coming?? Would love to see some pics of it some time!! :mrgreen: Did you get the 44's workin lockers and all??
Let us know man, please!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #167
Its been sitting for a while now. I've been so busy with a new job... been away from home a lot. Just got back to working on the rig this weekend. Should be on the road in two weekends. Then storage for the winter. Come springtime... portal axles go in. I'll try to post pics this week.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Cool!! Can understand totally!! AHHH so I am not the only one that has his hidden in a garage for winter!

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
So you are going to be taking out the 44's in the spring already?? [smilie=bal_ask.gif] ! Hmm let me know :mrgreen: Portal axles , that is sick!! Can't wait to see that!!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Damnnnn the 44's coming out already we haven't even seen pics of them in the rig. I will be trying to save up for those beauties if I can, 44's would be enough for me especially if they were set up :mrgreen: Good luck with the build

·
Registered
55 Posts
Northwoods 5.9 said:
Am I the only one who sees what is wrong with this picture?

People leaving grinders disc down is one of my biggest shop peevs ever.

Also, the crossmember itself looks good.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Any updates on your ride Northwoods?? Been looking forward to seeing how your rig turns out, it sounds like its going to be AWESOME!! And from the pics so far, looks that way too!!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
do you leave your grinders facing up so that you can cut yourself on them if theyre still spinning?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Yeah, I leave them face down to stop them when using a sanding disc (which it looks like NW is using), but fracturing a cutting disc can ruin your day, esp. when you light it back up!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
mine has a guard on it so that it doesnt set down onto the disc...i didn't look at that one close enough to see that his doesnt which would make it more understandable to why you wouldn't want to set it down like that

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #176
Its a flap disk. And its unplugged.

Been busy with work lately. Away from home a lot. Hoping to get back to finishing my rig very soon.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Northwoods 5.9 said:
Its a flap disk. And its unplugged.

Been busy with work lately. Away from home a lot. Hoping to get back to finishing my rig very soon.
Cool North, hope to see some updates soon!! Sounds like its going to be BA!!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
any updates???? cant wait to see this project move along! tcase skid looks Bad a

i REALLY want to buy a set of your unibody frame sleeves! claytons is good but i dont like that you loose clearense. your seem to be a better design. let me know!!

·
Registered
307 Posts
why not just pick up some unimog 404 for like $2-3k? sorry if someone else said this id didnt read all 13 pages!
did you make those unibody stiffiners?

161 - 180 of 185 Posts