141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'll post more pics in a couple days.
What do you think, is there a market for this stuff?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
theres always a market for GC parts

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
Northwoods 5.9 said:
Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'll post more pics in a couple days.
What do you think, is there a market for this stuff?
ABSOLUTELY!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Just posting some more pics of the frame sleeves and crossmember/skid. The frame was painted with Duplicolor bedliner and the skid was done with Herculiner. Herculiner is tough, but I like the looks of the Duplicolor better.
At its lowest point, it hangs about an inch lower than the stock crossmember. I'm pretty happy with the way the contours on the frame turned out.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
It hangs a little lower, but with the 37's on it now, it really makes no difference. I think its well worth the protection it offers. There's also a piece that protects the tranny. I'll post pics of that next.

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
You do damm fine work!!! Love that skid, very nice!!! Love to see more pics, maybe some of the whole Jeep!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #150
soon enough... I don't want to give away all my secrets before I tie up all the loose ends... ;)

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
[smilie=1jump.gif] I'll be waiting for the grand unvailing!!

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #152
finished with my brakelines today... :mrgreen:

The bummer today was when I found out I'd have to buy the whole JK wiring harness in order to get the plugs I need for the lockers, locker indicators, and ABS. Came in a little less than 100 bucks.

So, you guys like the pics of the crossmember/skid ?

driveshafts need to be done and I think I can move my front axle a little. I think its too far forward. I also need to add an inch of lift. Its sitting more like 5.5 - 6" right now. She's a little heavier. Want to be around 6.5". Oh well, more work for another day.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Damnnnn it's going to have ABS too? When can I send you my 5Niner to have it set up :mrgreen:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
CanadaDry said:
Damnnnn it's going to have ABS too? When can I send you my 5Niner to have it set up :mrgreen:
Come visit NH and I'll set you up as wild as you want to go...

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
RockZJ said:
Ahhh your rig is so sick man! Any idea about when you will be done?

RockZJ
Well there's a big 4x4 event that goes on up here every summer. This year its July 20th. It will be done for the show. Thanks for the compliments.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #158
RockZJ said:
Hmm sounds to me like both of us have events to get the rigs ready by! My goal is the PA All-Breeds Jeep Show in late July

RockZJ

Very cool....entering a competition are you? Can't wait to see how your ZJ turns out.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Northwoods 5.9 said:
Well there's a big 4x4 event that goes on up here every summer. This year its July 20th. It will be done for the show. Thanks for the compliments.
what kind of show? any websites?

Im about a 45 min drive to the nh border.

141 - 160 of 185 Posts