Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

21 - 38 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Pulled both front door panels and installed new weather-shield barrier, and mirrors I got at You Pull It. Removed some hack job wiring done when someone installed a remote start system. In the process of pulling it I removed the A pillar cover and discovered the sunroof drain line was in pieces. I've picked up new drain hose and will install it in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Installed new lift gate supports and re-positioned the inner fender splash shields so the tires weren't rubbing anymore.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Removed as much of the aftermarket remote start system as I was comfortable in doing. Pulled the dash and ran new sunroof drain tubes from the front of the sunroof to the holes in the floor. Took about 8 hours for it to get done. Installed new Weather Tech mats in the front. Took it for an hour and a half drive to see how all the previous repairs were going to hold up and observed no issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Replaced the rear seat cup holder in the center console and the sunroof trim. Pulled the drivers seat and attempted to rebuild the foam. It's better but not good enough yet. I'll try again once I find better foam.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Installed the K&N filter and the seat motor. While I had the seat out I rebuilt the foam cushion. I added LED strip lighting to the shifter console so I could finally see what position it was in at night. I put two strips in but I might have to pull one of them out as it's almost too bright. We'll see. Pulled both rear door panels and installed new speakers. Installed new weather shield in the passenger side rear door.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Installed LED's in the instrument panel and shifter console. Installed a recently purchased cargo storage bag. Painted the cargo retractable cover. Installed a new gear in the driver's side power seat for vertical operation. Re-foamed the seat while I had it out.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Ordered and received new spark plugs and ignition coils. I'll install them tomorrow. I've also ordered, but not received, 2 cans of Mopar touch up paint. I have little spots here and there which I'm going to address. I picked up a steering wheel and center console at You Pull It. The steering wheel took about 30 minutes to install and looks 100% better then the old one.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Installed the new plugs. The old ones were so old and worn the gap measured 2.04. The idle is great as well as the acceleration. MPG's went up by 2.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Got under the Jeep to replace the NSS and found the tranny pan gasket leaking a little. Picked up a new gasket at AZ, but I got to thinking that if I'm going to pull that pan clear off then I'm going to put a pan in that has a drain plug. It should be here tomorrow and I'll get the work done this weekend.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Pulled the pan and filter out of the tranny. Installed new gasket, filter, and pan w/ drain plug. The fluid that was drained was pretty dark. Now that I have the drain plug available I'll run it for a couple of weeks and then drain it again to get rid of more old fluid. It will be a lot easier with the drain plug.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Received the new headlight assemblies from Rockauto today. Also went by Discount Tire and ordered new wheels and tires. Should be installed in about a week.
What part number did you order from Rock Auto? Did it have the same headlight adjustment as OEM? Thanks Jeff

21 - 38 of 38 Posts