Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.

I'm military with just about no bills and plenty of money to spend on a new toy.
I just bought an 03 JGC limited v8. It's bone stock. 107k on it, cost me nine grand.
My post has a dedicated off-road course free of charge about ten minutes from where I live. This jeep is a daily driver, but it's not necessary to get to work so I figure I can play a little bit. I've done my fair share of wrenching and I have access to a full garage including a lift (te army does get SOME things right) that I can use for like two or three dollars an hour.

My question is where should I start? I'd like to put exhaust on it, lift it 2.5 or 3 inches, just so I can put some M/Ts on it. Id also like to do some smaller things, like hide some Hellas in the grill and wire in a sub (kicker comp 12" with MTX audio amp).

Any other ideas to get some performance out of this thing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, my stock tires are P235/65/R17.

Alot of mud terrain's like BFG and Pro Comp don't come in that size.
What're my options for tire size with a BB or leaving it stock?

·
YETI - The Abominable WJ
3,762 Posts
Better air filter and exhaust are a good place to start. I would also recommend the superchips reprogrammer for a few extra ponies. When you go to larger tires, you will be able to use the programmer to change the computer and correct your speedo (I wish the programmer could do that for my 99).

·
Registered
11 Posts
I did the Rubicon Express 2" BB with shocks. Works great, very happy. My spring buffers were shot too so I did the poly buffers and gained another 1/2". No vibrations and no alignment issues other than a steering wheel correction (drag link). It was actually very easy, about 2 hrs per end.

"They" (whoever that is) claim you don't need new track bars at 2 inches, maybe so but I did them anyway. Its optional and more money and they are adjustable. I also went with 31" Goodyear Duratrac tires and had a bit of front rub, nothing a die grinder couldnt fix.

A K&N filter of Cold air if you are really flush, Cat back exhaust and some armor, Tcase and Gas tank skids to start. Swaybar disco's too. Try to keep as much rubber on the road as possible or start thinking locker$.

All this will be a little more than $1k including tires but there is a lot more you can do just check out the Hardcore Tech section.
Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts