Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1996 ZJ 4.0 with RE 3.5 with 32's The rear end sits a bit lower than the front and I may be adding a new rear bumper/tire carrier, which will more then likely cause the rear to sag a bit more.

The option i am considering is just throwing in some 1 or 1.75 spacers in the rear. I am sure I am not the only one with this issue. Please chim in with your solutions or suggestions. And going bigger isn't one of the options I am looking for.

thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well by "going bigger" for me means going long arm and start running 35s or 37s... But I just want to level out my ride, nothing drastic.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Post some detailed pictures of your rig. The *** end of your jeep should not be lower then the front if you have it all installed correctly. The engine should out weigh the back and cause the front to set lower then the rear. Did you remove the stock isolaters or something? Do you have the whole RE kit?

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
Or.... You could just drive around with a fat girl in your back seat. lol

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice great idea. Your Mom available? Just playing. Yeah the I have the whole RE kit. The rear end isn't so much lower that you would look at it and say, Damn! WTF? it is just a tad bit lower maybe an inch Hub to Fender with a full tank of gas. I know I have read some ZJ's tend to be lower in the rear anyway. I think the stock isolators are no longer there. We did the lift about 4 years ago. Just seeing what others did, because I am having a custom rear tire carrier made and it will add some weight to the rear and I just want to compensate for it.

·
Premium Member
1,538 Posts
It could be the rear springs are just settling more than the front. It would be wierd if that were the case, but I wouldn't count it out. You will have to put some spacers in there once you put a carrier on there with a tire. It will sag even more for sure.

·
Premium Member
2,696 Posts
nothing wrong with a spacer, I am about to remove my stock isolators and replace them with a 1" spacer. I say spacer, easy and cheap.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts