Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading this posts most of the morning and keep hearing about cliffs hard parts long arm kit. Anybody got pics or other web sites with long arm kits? A good friend of mine had advised me against Rockcrawler 7" plus I am looking for 5-6" while maintaining close to factory ride. I do not like spacers although am considering ACOS to offset the planned bumper/winch. Thanks.

·
Registered
542 Posts
http://www.claytonshardparts.com/index.html

Here's Claytons site...seems to be down at the present...

I haven't found any other site for the ZJ....i believe that Claytons and RK are the ONLY LA kits available.

I think you will have to go with RE 4.5" + claytons LA kit to get what you want right now $1,300 + $1,500.

ME ? I trusting RK....and i will install their kit as soon as they release it....hint hint (got a Jeep Jamboree in 4 weeks guys).

·
Registered
136 Posts
Clayton has changed his website to http://www.claytonoffroad.com You'll find lots of information about his long arm kit on the website.

I have his long arm kit on my ZJ. If you ever want to get a close up look at the kit installed let me know. I'm in CT so If you'd like to head down this way we could arrange to meet up.

Jay

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. CT isn't that far away. Any pics of yours? Especially the suspension components installed. Clayton's site doesn't have pics of the components installed.

89 XJ chevy 350, weind, holley, taylor, mallory, AA, jks, RC 4.5", 10" hellcats, 33x12.50 mtr's, 6" tj flares, cut fenders, xd9000i, 3/8" plate winch bumpers... http://community.webshots.com/user/extremeoffroad

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SKEETER on 2002-03-14 21:47 ]</font>

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the great photo's! Did you weld Claytons in because you had to or want to? It appears from the photos that he has converted the front to a radius arm design. Any street handling issues with this? Whose springs are you using and how tall? Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for the photo's!

·
Registered
828 Posts
On 2002-03-16 15:17, SKEETER wrote:
Thanks for the great photo's! Did you weld Claytons in because you had to or want to? It appears from the photos that he has converted the front to a radius arm design. Any street handling issues with this? Whose springs are you using and how tall? Sorry for all the questions and thanks again for the photo's!
I went with the clayton kit for the ride issues that come with a higher lift. Ride is almost back to stock. Front springs are RE 4.5 springs with acos adjustable spacer {8.0 inches of lift} and the rears are RE XJ FRONT springs {netting 7.5} inches of lift.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
On the rear springs you used front xj springs. What height? Also could you run the long arm kit with just 4.5" lift? Both front and back?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts