Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the majority of people planning on camping this year? I have a pretty good idea on the camping area, I would just like to know how much space to try and look for. I am assuming a little bigger space than last year.
Is anyone planning on staying in a hotel?
What about RV accomadations?
Want showers?
Running water?
Massages /forum/images/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Any other lodging needs post them here

Nathan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: NBaldwin on 2002-02-03 00:13 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You should pick a place with hot showers, and have it so that we have the option of tent or RV camping. There are always going to be a few that will want to stay in a nearby hotel. Expect more participants then in previous years.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I'll probably want to head down on Thursday night and camp Thursday and Friday. Then I'll grab a hotel for Saturday night.

Do you have anyone who can help with things such as finding accomodations for us and posting the info? Look for more than one - this past year, I made reservations at the motel and they screwed up big time! Ticked me off because the only other room I was able to find was 20 miles away and a smoking room!

Jay

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Most of the closest hotels will be in Forest Grove which is about 15 miles from the proposed camp site. There are a few I can list for people.
Nathan

·
Registered
484 Posts
I plan on camping Friday and Saturday. May camp at home on Saturday.

Just need a tent area for me, but would appreciate a little more room than last year!

Showers and running water would be much appreciated.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: johnand on 2002-02-04 18:06 ]</font>

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have had no luck finding a campsite with showers or real running water that is within 20 miles of the trailhead. Do we want to camp farther and have running water or camp close with less ammenities(sp)?
Nathan

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
I'd rather camp close with less amenities - if ya'll don't like the smell, tough!

Jay

·
Registered
186 Posts
Three days without a shower and the bears will be running the other direction. /forum/images/smiles/scared.gif
After the first year with no showers, Im not doing that again. :wacko: I'll drive the extra to have a hot shower after a long day on the trail. :wave: Not to mention 5 smelly people heading back home after 3 days on the trail stuffed into a Grand is not a picture I want to invision. :eek:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Three days without a shower and the bears will be running the other direction. /forum/images/smiles/scared.gif
After the first year with no showers, Im not doing that again. :wacko: I'll drive the extra to have a hot shower after a long day on the trail. :wave: Not to mention 5 smelly people heading back home after 3 days on the trail stuffed into a Grand is not a picture I want to invision. :eek:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
for a small fee you guys can use the showers at my house. well let's make that a large fee :spin:

i will post some info tonight about camp grounds

nathan

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Yes the date is set

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yes most likely the campsite will have a river next to it. most are starting to open now and i will be going up to check them out. we can actually camp in TSF right around the trails. it does get kinda crowded and noisey with all of the bikes.
most likely we will be in gales creek campground which is about 10 minutes from tsf. pretty big campground with some sites near water.
mike m you wanta check out the area with me soon?
nathan

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Im going to be down there next weekend from Fri - Mon for the Team Trophy Challenge...... I might be down for Memorial Weekend also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Put me down for camping too. I may only be there Fri and Sat nights.

Also, when things are set, could you post some directions so those unfamiliar with the territory (i.e. me) can get there :?

Thanks.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Campsites

Nate,
Are you just going to reserve campsites then, or are you going to tell us where you pick, and have us call and make our own reservations?
Melissa

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i will most likely reserve a few spots that are close together if possible. most are large enough for a few tents. a lot of these places down here are first come first serve so i may go a few days early and "make my own reservations" :D

i will post a map and directions as soon as i am positive on the site. should know more on the 25th
nathan

1 - 20 of 48 Posts