Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

121 - 125 of 125 Posts

·
Super Moderator
568 Posts
Noob here. Own a 2000 TJ and looking at adding a ZJ for a family light wheeling vehicle. I'm currently looking at a 96 4.0 and all time 4wd. Only wanting to go 3-3.5" with 31's or 32's. Kinda tight budget so looking at Rough Country lifts. One thing I've noticed is the rough country lift I'm looking at says it will not work on the AWD models. Can someone explain to me what would make this lift not compatible with the AWD model? Thanks in advance!
The problem is over a certain lift height you may need to fit a slip yoke eliminator, and they are not available for a 249 transfer box :)
Lifted my ZJ 2 inches front and 2 1/2 inches rear.
Using BDS heavy duty springs +2 inch rear and +1 inch front with additional 3/4 inch spacer, also using a mix of RT off road and Rough Country rose jointed arms all round, and 0-2 inch lift twin tube SkyJacker shocks
Best to read Big Clays post
http://www.nagca.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34548

·
Registered
6 Posts
Can you guys advice if 2.5" spacer kit would be enough to clear 32"s on a WJ, or should I look at the 3.5-4" suspension kit with new shocks?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I am looking at the Zone 4" lift kit with the following features:
Featured Technology & Benefits
Four new Zone coils are included that are capable of being fully compressed and they will always come back to their original height.
Front extended sway bar links are included. These links come with urethane bushings to increase performance and reduce body roll.
A rear track bar relocation system is included to perfectly center the axle under your ZJ.
A minimal transfer case drop is supplied to correct the driveline angle while maintaining as much ground clearance as possible.
3" bump stop extensions are included to protect your vehicle while still greatly increasing wheel travel
Massive front and rear longer control arms featuring rubber bushings for ride comfort and flexibility
New rear pinion cams are included to rotate the rear pinion for proper drive line angles.
The system is completed with 4 new Zone shocks that are specifically valved for your ZJ to perform well both on and off road.

My question for you all is what else will I need to complete this lift? I don't have much experience lifting vehicles I have only done a leveling kit on a Ram 2500 any help is appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
568 Posts
you might well need an adjustable front track bar to centre the front axle up, and pay attention to the front king pin angles to reduce bump steer/death wobble problems

121 - 125 of 125 Posts