Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am still debating between going with upcountry springs or a lift If I were to go with a 3" lift I am looking for opinions on what one works the best.
It would be going on my 93 zj with I6. It is a daily driver so I don't want to go to extreme. I have been looking at lots of kits from many manufacurers: rubicon, teraflex, rancho, skyjacker ...... I am looking for opinions from other ZJ owners on lifts that they have installed and what they think of them.
I do go ofroading, no rock crawling, mostly steep inclines, ditches, mud, snow. Front and rear bumpers hit the ground to soon.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Go ahead and lift it. You'll find the UC springs to just be a tease! It's only about half to one inch, and you can put the 30x9.50's under there with no lift. If you're looking for a good ride in your daily driver, I'd say stay away from Rancho. It's a good lift, but its a little stiff IMHO. I hear RE is pretty good. If you end up going with a lift you have a couple of options: Piece it together or get it all at once. I'm piecing mine together, but I'm sure I could have done it cheaper if I had bought it all at once. I'm sure you know the parts to consider but here's the general list:
Adj. UCA's & LCA's
Front Adj. Track Bar
Rear bracket or bar
New shocks
F&R lift Springs

In the near future you'll want to consider a new steering stabilizer and probably upgrade your rotors to accomodate the bigger tires. Go any bigger than 32's and you'll want to start looking for lower gears.

Hope this isn't an overkill, but there you go. :D

·
Registered
671 Posts
Do not, I repeat, do not buy procomp, no matter what anyone tells you. I have one and it has done nothing but piss me off since I installed it. If it was not for my BB spacers, my 31s would rubb from the springs sagging, not to mention riding like a gocart for the last 3 years.

Stick to RE, tera, ORGS, or skyjacker. I would also suggest saving up and buying a whole kit. Just makes life much easier. Good luck.

G

·
0 Posts
i am probably a little biased towards Rubicon Express because thats what i run, but i know lots of ZJ fanatics also run Rubicon Express components. They make several different level kits ranging from a spacer lift to a 4.5" super flex kit that basically replaces all of the factory suspension components. if you are just looking for a moderately priced well designed and complete kit i would suggest the 3.5" super ride kit. you dont get the superflex control arms, but the basic RE control arms that come in this kit should be adequate.

·
Registered
227 Posts
You might consider an OME (Old Man Emu) kit, it's about 2-2.5" with their spacers but can be packed up to about 3". It's four springs, four shocks, and some funky 10mm coil spacer/packers. No control arms (uses factory). Get the OME steering stablizer too.
Rides like a wet dream, corners like a Ferrari, and outflexes all the 3" kits I've seen, but I haven't seen how much an RE 3" kit will flex. A bit expensive but worth it in my opinion if you don't want to go extreme. I'll be selling mine and going to a bigger RE 4.5"+1.75" coil packers.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on the price I guess. My factory front springs are down to where there is about 1.75 inches between the stops, the rear around 2". So for me It would probably be more than a 2" lift!

email [email protected]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts