Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, with a bb, OME springs( i dont know if the packers would work with the bb?) how much would the new front trackbar and rear trackbar mods cost? and i bought my grandy w/o tow hooks(what the f is the constant 4 weeler of the year offered without tow hooks for?) and would like to know if i do need the mounting brackets, the jeep dealership says no, my local 4x4 store says yes, i am inclined to trust the 4x4 store just wondering if anyone new

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yes, the tow hook brackets are required for the installation. You can get a cheaper Tera-Flex trac bar for aroung 120 and they go up to 200$ for the good ones like ORGS, JKS (same one). The rear one get even more pricy, like around 200$. That's the problem, we have to have them so we pay the outragous prices.
-Colt

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You can always go with a home brewed track bar also. There is a how to on the subject in the Grand Tech section.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The Grand Pooh-Bah on 2002-03-09 09:29 ]</font>

·
Registered
606 Posts
On 2002-03-09 08:43, Colt45auto wrote:
Yes, the tow hook brackets are required for the installation. You can get a cheaper Tera-Flex trac bar for aroung 120 and they go up to 200$ for the good ones like ORGS, JKS (same one). The rear one get even more pricy, like around 200$. That's the problem, we have to have them so we pay the outragous prices.
-Colt
Not true. Tera doesn't make one for the front. Last I heard they were redesigning it because it sucks so much (I can verify the suckiness for you firsthand...). If the new design is out and available yet, I haven't seen it.

And the rear JKS one is cheaper, around $135-$140 or so while the front is around $200.

You can cut and weld for free though if you can do it or know someone...

·
Registered
102 Posts
I just bought a front Tera Flex TB for 125$ Are you calling me a liar? Granted it's not the best.. So why do you say that" Tera does not make one for the front" ??

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well, just got off the Tera web site and sure enough there is a front TB's for sale. Look under TJ Front TB. Then it will pull the pic and the info. It states thet it is for TJ,XJ,ZJ.

G

·
0 Posts
yea Tera makes a ZJ adj. front trackbar. i bought one last week...and it may not be great, but it is fairly inexpensive and does what it is supposed to do. they are $120

·
Registered
102 Posts
I have not had any problems with mine. It's been on for 6 months and works great. I would like to get ORGS one in the future though, It looks much tougher.

G

·
0 Posts
yea, it does look tougher but i havent had any problems whatsoever with my Tera trackbar. so as far as i am concerned i will keep it till it breaks...for the money i would rather keep the tera and bet something like a roof rack instead of having to replace something that i already own. but it would be nice to have a stronger one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts