Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you put a 2 or 3 inch budget boost lift on a 2004 grand cherokee overland full time 4wd without changing anything else.Seen some things about you cant put lift on a full time 4wd,just want to make sure it will be ok.Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
599 Posts
if its a WJ then 2 inch is fine and 3 inch will fit but will be harsh when hitting bumps on road due to front arm angle unless front arms are changed for slightly longer angled ones.
4 inches and above is long arm territory if you want good on road manners, but may need a new front prop shaft.

if its a WK then 2 inch max lift as any higher will kill the drive shafts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Can you put a 2 or 3 inch budget boost lift on a 2004 grand cherokee overland full time 4wd without changing anything else.Seen some things about you cant put lift on a full time 4wd,just want to make sure it will be ok.Thanks.
Spend your money on a better upgrade, get rid of the 247 transfer case and put in a 242. If you plan to drive it, the 247 is (IMHO) a POS. My '04 LTD had a 247, sunk only a couple hundred into it until I figured out how to do the swap. Found a complete donor (Laredo) with ~100,000 mi. and got everything, from shifter to the u-joints. I've put over 100,000 miles on it and it's still going. no special fluid (you knew about that, right?), just ATF4. Select 2WD, Locked 4WD, FT4WD, Locked LO-4WD. Do some research before you commit. My $0.02

1 - 3 of 3 Posts