Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm planning a small lift for my car. Since the car is 12 years old I'd like to replace both springs and shocks. I'm am looking for a 2" lift, but I'm only able to find BBs; any sugestion for a kit which includes both springs and shocks ?

I've seen various 3"/3,5" kits with include both springs and shocks, so if I'll adopt one of these, is there any problem if I keep my stock tires (225/70R16) ?

Thank you for your help.

·
Registered
270 Posts
even at only 2", i think a grand looks stupid on stock tires. u should atleast go to a 30 x 9.5" tire

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Technohead,
thank you for the advice. I made some more reaserches using your input, that's what I found.

Old Man Emu has 2" springs for the Grand Cherokee.
Are you referring to heavy duty springs ? Don't they make the normal riding more unconfortable ?

They also provide kits that include shocks.
I found variuos links to those kits, they are advertised for 1" to 1,5" lift; it depends on which site you're looking. OME seems to produce also 1" spacers, which will amont to a grand total of 2" to 2,5". It would be fine for me. It is not clear to me if I can use the OME shocks with the 1" with the spacers. The only complete kit which I found uses not OME shocks with spacer. I also found some good reviews about this "suspension kit".

Thank you again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
even at only 2", i think a grand looks stupid on stock tires. u should atleast go to a 30 x 9.5" tire
You're right, but changing tires will pose some other problems such as made the car compliant with italian law again, change R&P ratio, reset speedometer, possibly others. I'd rather prefer a "stupid" car.

Thank you for your advice.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
Are you referring to heavy duty springs ? Don't they make the normal riding more unconfortable ?
Yes, that is what I was referring to. For some reason, OME does not list lift heights for the springs. The final ride comfort will depend on the spring rate and shock valving. I imagine the spring rate is similar to stock. The shocks will probably have more influence on ride comfort than the springs (I doubt they would significantly depart from the stock spring rate).

FWIW, some friends in my Jeep club run 2" OME springs on their Wranglers and are completely satisfied with the ride quality.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts