Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have a 3.5" tera lift with 3/4" spacer. (Somehow this got to 5" total. Have definite death wobble at higher speeds. It is smooth and can drive but does move around, seems like no top dead center in steering. I think springs are too soft. Have to set 9000's on 4 to minimize high speed wobble. Has anyone had this issue? What have you done? Anyone have experience with Rubicon springs? I would guess their 4.5" and no spacer would be about height I am running now. Anyone know? Thanks

·
Registered
82 Posts
Have same lift without spacer. Had Death Wobble at high speeds when hitting irregularities in the pavement(very scary :scared: ). To make a very long story short: it turned out to be a very bad set of tires. I'm not saying that's what your problem is, just something to think about? :idea:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am on second set of BFG 285x75x16 and still have the wobble. By the way clearance for these tires, with some trimming (inside of wheel well-not body) front of front tire and rear of passenger side rear tire, has not been a problem.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MMMBoulder on 2002-03-30 14:10 ]</font>

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh, an Glendale, thanks for your response. I will look at that again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had death wobble all the time when i lifted mine 3+2
Make sure the front track bar is tight!!!! mine was always loose therefore it wobbled. Finally my front track relocation bracket broke so i moved it to the stock hole. IT drove as if it was stock after that.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: skyhighzj on 2002-03-30 12:48 ]</font>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts