Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '93 ZJ V8 and I want to purchase a lift. I only want to go around 2 inches. I would like to know what brand is the best and where can I purchase and install it for the cheapest. I'm a college student in Colorado, so I need to watch what I spend.

·
Registered
102 Posts
The cheap way for two inches is spacers. You can pick them up for cheap and you will get your two inches. Other than, you can do a fron to rear swap and just buy new coils for around 100 bucks. This does lead to some more pricy things though. If you get the two inch spacers, you can use your old shocks for awhile. This is by far the cheapest way to go. Good luck!
Sam

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, I have discovered that spacers are the cheapest, but I would also like to know which brand is the best for my dollar, and who could install them for the cheapest.

G

·
0 Posts
I run Teraflex spacers on my sj along with OME springs. These spacers do what they are supposed to do which is raise you 2 inches if you retain your stock .5 inch spacer. The Teraflex spacer kit was about 100 dollars and included bump stop extensions. With this kit alone you canfit 30" or 31" tires with fairly minimal rubbing

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'm also curious about those OME springs. Do they add another 1"? Where can I buy them and for how much? It would be nice to have a set of new coils that add 1" and spacers that add 1.5".

G

·
0 Posts
i origionally started with the 2" Teraflex BB. I later purchases the OME springs. These springs are supposed to be 1.5 inches over the non-up country springs. I found them to be more like an inch taller. With the Tera/OME setup, i have a 3" lift. This setup is plenty to run a 31" tire. These springs are not cheap; however, they flex awesome, ride great, and handle a load very well. I believe that this OME/Tera lift is preferable over a 3" spring lift.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I would agree with the OMEs. I have the OME kit on my '96 with ~1" OME packers=~2" lift.
Love it, flexes better than the 3" kits, better ride than what others describe.
I'd definitely do a Tera BB on top of the OMEs for ~3" lift, you'll be very happy.
OME is a little expensive but definitely worth the money. You won't be disappointed.
Also, may need to do the Long Travel OME shocks, OME standard shocks will only do up to 2" lift.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If you are lookin for some great spacers go to jeepsunlimited.com and look for a guy named anthony, i got some of his and they are great and not expensive,definetly recommend him

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know that you may only want about 2" of lift but i have a 93 ZJ and i got a great deal on a 3" lift. The lift is by Tuff-Country and runs about $600 with shocks and $500 with out. My jeep is on pics page 35 at the top if you want to see what it looks like.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
You can pick any 4X mag and find daystar spacers for around 25 bucks for a pair.

Hunter

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for all the great info, I have lifted my ZJ 2.5" with th addition of up-country springs and a Tera BB.

·
Registered
47 Posts
With just a 2" BB, do you have to change/modify anything else?

i.e
longer shocks?
relocate trackbar?

That can fit 31x10.5 tires on the stock 15x7s right?

G

·
0 Posts
nope, you dont need anything other than the spacers(bump stop extensions are nice to have though). and yes with this lift you can run a 31x10.50 on a 15x7.

·
Registered
193 Posts
I bought Anthony's 2" and I am very pleased! The service was great he answered any question I had and the price was about half of some others. :ZJ:

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
We are in the process of adding our own NAGCA 2" kit to the Grand Store. It will be a kit that includes a 2" spacer for the front and 1.75" in the back. It comes with front and rear bumpstops, bolts and instructions. Complete kit will be $90.00
We will launch it in a group buy. If you are intrested let us know.

·
Registered
47 Posts
About the 2"BB...would it be ok to leave the stock spacer on there too for a little extra room?

I left them on there when I put on the 3" springs as well, and it did fine.

Having the 2" though does shorten the travel of the shock by 2" though, correct? Does anyone know how much travel is in the stock shock? And/or the math of how much travel is left minus the two inches of lift?

It's just that I love the comfort that the stock shocks gave me before I had gotten new shocks for my lift, and I like 31s!

Thanks again guys!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts