Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you ever had a liberal teacher? Well, I have at least 2 that I know of and evey student in the classes are liberals as well. The worst one is the US history teacher. All the war topics and such get brought up. I was told that the US should not build better weapons because other counties would get mad. My comment was " yea, cuz they cant take us over." I recieved the death stare from a lot of people. My one math teacher thinks that the 9/11 attack was a hoax. What is this world coming to. I may be a dumb kid, but I seem to know a little more about politics then most students and some (liberal teachers) adults.

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
LOL. Well, I have not had a teacher for a while! But when my daugther comes home from school we often talk about her teachers who worship Barack Obama, refer to George Bush as the "worst" president ever, perpetuate the myth of global warming, promote the senseless war on drugs, ad nauseum. So yea, I have little doubt there is a liberal bias in our schools. In my view one mark of a good teacher is when you cannot easily divine their political views. Sadly, we have a shortage of good teachers these days.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I really dont have teachers that rave about Obama, thank God, but my history teacher brings up all the "wonderful" things that he is up to.

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
I don't know/care if you're a Christian or not, but the following quote is still interesting and shows the agenda held by many:

"The battle for humankind's future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: A religion of humanity -- utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to carry humanist values into wherever they teach. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new -- the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism."

-John J. Dunphy
"Education is thus a most powerful ally of humanism, and every American school is a school of humanism. What can a theistic Sunday school's meeting for an hour once a week and teaching only a fraction of the children do to stem the tide of the five-day program of humanistic teaching?"

Charles F. Potter, "Humanism: A New Religion," 1930
Again, I don't want to turn this into a religious discussion by any means, but I just wanted to point out that there is indeed an agenda, my friend. And you are in it. Stand strong and don't let them squeeze you into their mold.

http://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/secular-humanism.htm

·
Registered
379 Posts
Technohead said:
In my view one mark of a good teacher is when you cannot easily divine their political views. Sadly, we have a shortage of good teachers these days.
Amen!

·
Registered
114 Posts
so, dlund, it looks like - if I am following this thread correctly - an educational agenda is OK... as long as you agree with it.

Brilliant!

My advise: Learn the facts, understand the differing viewpoints, form your own opinion, and move on.

I'm not sure why so many people are so frightened to "understand" different viewpoints? but I think it will be beneficial to you, if you can identify with the opposition. It just makes your final opinion that much more valid.

I know, I know... there I go thinking again.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea, I think it is interesting to hear what other people think about politics and I consider politics and interesting subjest. It is just a little okward when I am the only person with conservative views...

·
Registered
3,024 Posts
Teachers should teach facts, not opinions.

My Fiance' is in collage and she has had a few liberal teachers and I think one conservative teacher. She started one class and dropped it the first day because of the teacher. One of the benefits of college, you don't have to be there. And you don't have to pay for it if you drop it.

Its honestly angers me when people downplay 9/11. That's the saddest event in my generations time and it has been exploited by so many. And for teachers to disregard the seriousness and the sadness of that day truly is depressing...

The best thing for you to do is really study up on your beliefs, know the facts and every chance you get prove the teacher wrong. Don't do it in a way that will get you in trouble, and make sure they are facts.

A good teacher will respect you for knowing your info.

My fiance's little brother (13) wrote an essay on the myth of global warming and gun rights. His teacher is a liberal and gave him an A-, and wrote on the top "interesting topics" He is a straight A student...

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Teachers should teach facts, not opinions.

My fiance's little brother (13) wrote an essay on the myth of global warming and gun rights. His teacher is a liberal and gave him an A-, and wrote on the top "interesting topics" He is a straight A student...
That is good that his teacher gave him an A- for that. I say my political views on history tests when there is an essay that needs to be answered. My history teacher does not count that wrong.

Listen to this. Last year I had a lefty language teacher. One day he gave us a vocab quiz and one of the words was abominate. Well, he started sentences for us will a certain word and we had to finish them with an ending that fit that word. So the sentence said "Everyone abominates..." I finished the sentence with liberal media.:D He counted it wrong because "almost is not half.":confused: Well, now he seems to be nice and says hi to me in the hall.

·
Registered
38 Posts
All of my teachers are obama worshiping liberals except my auto shop teacher. My Ap US History teacher was a lawyer who worked with john edwards and she took us to an obama rally for a field trip! I wore a shirt with a big confederate flag on it on purpose to wear at the rally and before we got there she said I would get detention if I took my jacket off!

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
All of my teachers are obama worshiping liberals

i can say pretty much the same thing. they all influence the minds of kids to believe what they preach as well. i can look back to even middle school and elementary school where it was the same way.

george bush is the worst, obama is the best...all i hear. then the kids say it too because they hear it from the people that are supposed to know alot. my mom is a teacher, and my aunt and uncle as well, and they are by law supposed to not use political, racial, religious etc opinions in their classes. my mom said they are told to just say that they dont have an opinion on it.

clearly teachers are above the law i guess.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey, you are one of the first guys to spell my last name right... Its Swedish

Well, I heard about that on the radio today. My parents are fond listeners of Beck and Limbaugh aswell so I get updated every day... I dont really mind Obama because I am not racist, but I really cant stand him. I really didnt like what he said on the Tonight Show.

As Rush Limbaugh says, "You hear what is really in their heart without a teleprompter" or something like that...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Ok as a student, going to school for education (Tech Education), ex volunteer firefighter (cant while in school) and not liberal; i have this to say.... This is America despite how much you may disagree with the media and politics pay attention. The problem today is the population is fueled to easily by outside sources, individuality and self prosperity are things of the past. Everyone wants a quick buck and, doesn't want to work for it. We need to build a better future by building from the mistakes of the past and fixing our defficit. We got here and its us who need to get out. The bail out is just a bandaid on the issue. Its going to take probbably a few generations to really get on a pregressive track and it will be yours and ours that will get the ball rolling. Your best bet is to pay attention learn all you can while you can, get into a good school and then DO SOMETHING! By being proactive in your education your using it to your advantage it's only going to make you more well off in the long run.
As for the idea of 9/11 being a hoax, tell her there's 343 families in NY that are now single parent families, and if her belief is that its fake she can go tell them all that. They went in so people like her could come out! That's sickens me that someone would doubt the idea that it occurred.... I have friends in IRAQ, and all over the map fighting its not fake, not at all

·
Registered
114 Posts
Yea, I think it is interesting to hear what other people think about politics and I consider politics and interesting subjest. It is just a little okward when I am the only person with conservative views...
It's the opposite for me. I am surrounded on all sides by conservatives. I can rarely speak openly about politics without being lynched. But I suppose if I were surrounded by liberals, I would lean more to the right... I like to show people the other side of an issue... or maybe I just like to be a pain in the ***. lol:D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
It's the opposite for me. I am surrounded on all sides by conservatives. I can rarely speak openly about politics without being lynched. But I suppose if I were surrounded by liberals, I would lean more to the right... I like to show people the other side of an issue... or maybe I just like to be a pain in the ***. lol:D
Yea, I to like like to stir the pot up too...:D
And by the way, my welding teacher is liberal too. Of all teachers:mad:

Anyway, I brought politics up to him the other day just to hear what he had to say. Half the class stopped what they were doing to hear what we both had to say. I made many people mad at me, but all well and I was called dumb many times.

Here is what my teacher had to say...
First, high gas prices was all Bush
9/11 was a plan for an excuse for Bush to go to the Middle East for oil
We went into Iraq because G. H. W. Bush had an oil rig there.
So then gas prices were high so he could make "big money" for "big oil"

He thinks there were no weapons of mass destruction.
He says, "they werent hiding bombs frome the weapons inspector, they had Saddam.
Now wait, Saddam was not in hiding when the weapons inspectors were denied their duty, Saddam was probably in a parade or in one of his palaces. (Bottom line, the US knew where to find him)

Then right before the election, remember that gas went down. Well that was Bush too. Since gas was down, energy would not be a problem so McCain would be elected.

All of that seemed to flow out of his mouth like the Niagara Falls so he thought he was correct. He is a smart guy, but that made him sound so incredibly duuuu ummmb. The sad thing is, is that other students, my generation of people that I have to live with in this tiny world, believed everything that that [guy] (I am sure that you guys can thing of other names for him) had to say.

What is our world coming to. :eek:

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Remember what I said earlier about my math teacher thinking that the 9/11 attack was a hoax. Well yesterday I finally had enough courage to ask him if that was true.(other teachers and students told me that he thought that) He didnt get mad at all. He said that there are many things that could of been done before hand. Now I didnt join his side, but this is what he said, " The FAA has a law that if there is a plane that is off course for at least 10 minutes, they send a fighter jet in the air and make sure that they dont crash into anything." I dont know how true that law is, but he did have a pretty good argument. He also said that there is no way that the buildings fell like that. He said that with one floor falling on top of each other, the energy of the crash would be lost during each time the floor hit another floor. It made sence, but I always thought that those building were just that heavy and they got enough momentem going. He did say however that the Bush administration had something to do with the attack.

I still think it was those al quedas.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't think his argument is sound at all. There may be such an FAA regulation, but it doesn't take 10 minutes to fly from JFK to the business district of Manhattan, so it is a mute point. I was on a promotional flight in 1999 for Delta's 777 roll out, and the pilot took us right by the two towers and the statue of liberty (within reason). This was not scheduled and no fighters showed up. However, I'm sure you couldn't get away with that these days.

And, the buildings did fall like that. I saw an interview with the architect that designed the buildings. His office window faced them, and he watched them come down on that fateful day. He said he designed them to come down in such a manner due to the ever changing skyline of Manhattan. In a separate article (not about 9/11), I read that all modern sky scrapers are designed to be easily demolished within a small foot print... for obvious reasons.

Finally, even with statements from Cheney like, "September 11!". When answering the question, "what was the best thing that happened to the Bush admin?", there is no reason to believe Bush (or Cheney for that matter) had anything to do with it. Terrorists can strike anywhere at any time, for any reason, that is what makes them Terrorists. No amount of "homeland security" is going to change that. This is also why the statement "War on terror" is a misnomer. The word "War" insinuates there will be an end.

It sounds like your teacher isn't liberal or conservative, just anti establishment... but that is conjecture on my part.:)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts