Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Haven't posted on here in a few years but now I'm back.......

Ran my Jeep at St. Thomas Dragway on Sunday and posted a best of 12.7139 @ 106.43

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've been drooling over them for a year now and I just saw the next gen Grand and heard the SRT8s will get the 6.4L motor. I gotta wait it out for that. If Fiat actually releases it to the public I'll be impressed.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been drooling over them for a year now and I just saw the next gen Grand and heard the SRT8s will get the 6.4L motor. I gotta wait it out for that. If Fiat actually releases it to the public I'll be impressed.
Hopefully it happens.... I have just about given up on Chrysler, and now with the government owning part of it, I don't see it happening. Same thing with GM and their Z/28 Camaro, which would be an awesome vehicle.

I have relunctantly decided to sell my SRT8. It has 52k miles on it now, and am trading it in for BMW X5 M. I have been offered 21.5k for a tradein. If anyone here wants it, they can have it for anything over 22k (there is a $500 fee to sell to a third party at the dealership) straight from the dealership (with their financing options). It is an awesome deal, considering that I can sign over the remainder of my 100k / 5 year chrysler warranty to them (total care, $100 deductible). It has brand new brakes (rotors + pads) and the tyres have most of their tread left.

moderator, delete or edit you if you like, I am not getting anything out of this, just allowing someone to snap it up if they like.

The X5 M is finally the SUV I think that will knock the SRT8 off its perch. Even the Cayenne Turbo S couldn't do it. Let's see if Jeep can bring something new to the party in 2012 (but I am not counting on it).

·
Registered
34 Posts
Good info, sorry the resale isnt that good, hell I'd love to have one though....trade you a nice TJ and a 95 Gray Limited Grand (trying to get the motor running See new post in ZJ section! LOL) for her?? Just kiddin' Have fun with the new ride:D

Garrett

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a quick update.

I traded the SRT8 in today for a BMW X5 M. A little sad to see the Jeep go, but excited about the new ride. It is the first one in Dallas, and is fully loaded. I have to behave during the break-in period, but first impressions are that it does not have the raw unbridled power of the SRT8. But everything else about it is soooo much nicer, but at more than double the price, it should be. And there is now a very nice Inferno Red Jeep SRT8 on the used car market.

The Jeep SRT8 I think will always be the most outrageous monstrous SUV ever made, with honest raw old school American musclecar power.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Wikipedia on the SRT8

I was reading the Wiki on Grand Cherokee the other day and enjoyed the description.

An SRT-8 (Street and Racing Technology V8) version of the Grand Cherokee debuted at the 2005 New York International Auto Show. Powered by a 420 hp (313 kW) version of the 6.1 L Hemi, it also features upgraded Brembo brakes, large dual performance exhaust with polished tips (exiting out the middle of the rear), Bilstein performance gas charged shocks and modified suspension components, Mercedes-Benz NAG1 (WA580) 5-speed transmission, unique NV146 transfer case, specially designed electronic all-wheel-drive system and interior and exterior updates. A drive shaft from a diesel application, fortified Dana 44 rear differential, and 12" wide Goodyear tires in the rear (11" in the front) complement the performance package. The sports tuned suspension allows the Jeep SRT8 to hold 0.92g on the skid-pad, putting the 5,000 lb (2,300 kg) truck on par with the Porsche 911 Turbo (997), which holds just 0.04g more (0.96g) on the skid-pad. A road test of the 2006 model by Road & Track magazine yielded a 0 to 60 mph time of 4.6 seconds and a quarter mile dragstrip of 13.2 seconds at 104.1 miles per hour (167.5 km/h). Such numbers made the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee the fastest accelerating vehicle within the SRT8 lineup (which at the time included the Chrysler 300C, Dodge Charger, Dodge Challenger and the now-discontinued Dodge Magnum), and second only to the SRT10 Viper among all SRT tuned vehicles. There is no electronic speed governor employed, leaving the top speed rev-limited (revving to redline in top gear) to just shy of 170 mph (270 km/h).[21]

To achieve superior on-road handling, off-road gear has been removed to make the SRT-8 lighter. The SRT-8 has no low range case and no limited slip or locking differentials. Its ride stance is significantly lower and the front fascia spoiler gives the vehicle 7 inches (178 mm) of ground clearance. The Grand Cherokee SRT-8 was the first SRT vehicle to wear the Jeep emblem.

Only 10,355 Jeep SRT8s were ever built.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Cherokee

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
The wife has been looking into getting a SUV, she loves her Commander but she wants the 2011 GC, I am trying to talk her into getting the SRT model :), fingers crossed :)

·
Registered
6,896 Posts

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
Lol, yeah we have been talking about it, she likes the new libertys :( put I am still bringing up the SRT8 and her back up vehicles are my 2 lifted Jeeps hehe :)

21 - 40 of 42 Posts