Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What does everybody think of July 19-21, 2002 for GSNW at Tilamook State Forest in Oregon?

Jay

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Let's set that as the tentative date. I might be making a Rubicon trip in June so it is going to be a busy summer.
Nathan

·
Registered
87 Posts
I like it

·
Registered
104 Posts
Count me in. July 19-21.

·
Registered
93 Posts
So how many participants are you gonna allow?
GSW is only letting in 45 Jeeps, and I may want to come up to GSNW this year also.

·
Registered
219 Posts
We don't have limits in the NorthWest.... This is unlimited country when it comes to these types of events. Now if we get too organized they will limit us to around 100 rigs here in Washington. Im going to the Trail Jamboree this year and the forestry service is limiting it to something like 100 rigs on the trailsystem over on the Old Naches Wagon Trail System. So everyone is welcome to join us for Grand Slam Northwest. See ya there......

C

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
We did a large trail run at TSF one weekend without informing the rangers. We had almost 40 rigs. The rangers showed up and informed us that if we were going to have that many people up there we need to inform them so they can plan for it. I will call them for GSNW and tell them we should expect about 30 Jeeps. I couldn't imagine much more than that.
Nathan

·
Registered
219 Posts
Id think twice before you did that. This is still considered a group of friends getting together and if you start talking about an organized group you can quickly get into enviromental impact studies, insurance and things we don't want to deal with at this stage of the event. As long as we stay just friends getting together we will have no problems. ;)

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ahhhhhhh, seconded. Besides I don't expect more than ten, but it could be more, could be less. We don't know and we don't need to get involved in things like Clay mentioned.

Jay

·
Registered
69 Posts
Another thing to do.. if 30-40 rigs showed up. break the rigs up in to 10 rig groups and send everyone 3-4 different directions. ;)

·
Registered
414 Posts
Jay and clay,
I was at that weekend run that Nate mentioned. That get together was an internet friend meeting as well. If there will be a problem with the officials with that number of rigs, we should 1. either deal with the ramifications of an "Event" or 2. Change venues.

The ranger was totally cool, and said that if a bunch of rigs did show again in the future, to simply let them know, so they could interact with us, and point out trails that were not suitable for that number of rigs. While we were there, the ranger asked for our help to spot a truck that had been illegally dumping. I don't think that that group of 'officials' are that bad, and by keeping them in the loop, we can build a bond between the rangers and park officials and the 4x4 crowd.

My $,02

Nate and Kelly were there......any thoughts as to the demenor of the situation?

M.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Probably the 2nd or 3rd week in June. We will have 3-4 Jeeps with us. Gotta start stocking up on spares!
Nathan

·
Registered
81 Posts
I would like to go. How do I sign up???
Where do you stay, do you camp?
Any info you can give me would be great.
Goldie Locks

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
All of that info will be coming shortly. You currently don't need to "sign" up but we will need a definate head count at some time. We will most likely camp at Gales Creek camp ground which is about 5 min from the trail head. Just keep checking this forum!
Nathan

·
Registered
566 Posts
Nate, maybe look for some dana 30 spares and some driveshafts but that should be all you'll need the 8.8 isn't gonna break, the 30 probably won't even if you're locked with 33's, you should kick some pretty thorough rubicon ass, it's fun begining of june cause the bubble gummers haven't come out, later than that and it gets stacked.
-Nate

1 - 20 of 36 Posts