Jeep Grand Cherokee Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems doing this? Does the welds hold up? What is the best way to do it, w/ a sleve over it or just weld in an extension?? Help, I'm doing this tomorrow.. TIA
Sam

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Mmyers cut, threaded, and sleeved his existing rear track bar to make an adjustable one. Check the JU archives for the tech, or maybe he'll see this here and post it himself. Hey Mike :eek:

Jay

·
Registered
643 Posts
I would say that the sleeve might be a little stronger than welding in an extension. That's just a gut feeling though. Let me know how it comes out, cause I'm kinda tired of my axle being shifted out too. Ya know, its not that noticeable to anyone but me. /forum/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
to me, it wasn't worth all the effort to to modify the stock bar. I ordered an adjustable one from Rusty, and it works great. but those who have modded theirs seem to have good results.

gary

·
Registered
11 Posts
i want a 3" lift so do I need a new track bar. If so, do I need both front and back. And are adjustable ones better. And what's the deal with people saying that the rear track bar bracket is a shoddy piece of material.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts